• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The Social Committee

Toddy

Too much time on my hands
Aug 3, 2013
There will be a meeting of the Committee on 13-8-13 at Lostock Club at 7-30 all are welcome.

Just to remind you there will be a bowls match against the team at Lostock club on 29-8-13 kick off 7-30pm ,any one who turns up and wishes to play will get a game.There will be a trophy for the winning team,and one for the best contestant bowler on the night.So please come along and meet the players,and if you don't want to play support the team of your choice.There will be bowls provided on the night,it should be a good night.

Tim one trophy is being sponsored by Level One and will be called the Level One Cup,the other trophy is not yet sponsored(£25)so it has not been named yet.

Toddy, there's a separate Bowls Match thread! ;)

Thanks Alan,but I thought I would bring all the events under the Social Committee thread to make it easier to keep a check on.

I am pleased to announce Mark Bevan's book "20 YEARS OF MADNESS"is coming out shortly,I am pleased The Social Committee will be helping Mark to introduce the book to local fans.It is about the events over the last 20years at the Vics,I am sure it will make very interesting reading,the book will be on sale on the night which is 19-9-2013 at Lostock Club 7-30pm,Mark will sign the book for you on the night,all fans are welcome no matter who you support.Anyone who can not make it to Lostock Club can order the book direct from Mark.This is a book not to be missed.

The contact details were passed on, for us Distant 74ers to order, but they are buried somewhere on the old forum. Can someone pass them on again please? I think it was 'via the website', but can't remember exactly.

I will ask Mark to put them on this thread.

Very much looking forward to reading about the last 20 years. I lived through it, loved the 'on field' activities but buried my head in the sand about 'off it'.

As you all know the raffle draw will be made on 7-9-13,so we are making a final push to sell a few more ticket's,if you have not had any yet or you could sell some more,it will be a great boost for our club.To everyone who have already bought them,thank you very much and good luck in the draw.

The next Social Committee Meeting will be on 4-9-13 at Lostock Club 7-30pm,all are welcome.

The Social Committee meet to-night at 7-30pm all welcome.We will be discussing having a Race Night,it would be interesting to know what the support wold be for it.

Can't make it tonight Toddy, but I'd be up for the race night,

Don't forget Thursday,Mark's book 20 Years Of Madness at Lostock Club 7-30pm,Mark will sign it for you on the night if you wish,(can't wait).

Members of the board will also be available at the book launch night for fans to ask any questions about the club.

Hope to see you at Mark Bevan's book launch on Thursday at Lostock Club 7-30pm,I'm sure there will some of the board there to answer any Questions about our club,see you there .

Don't forget if you wish to be the owner of a horse on the race night,get in touch with myself or Pam in the shop it is £3 per horse,also there are 3 races still to be sponsored at £25 each race.It will be at Lostock Club on 26-10-13,you do not have to be a sponsor or owner to attend just come along and have a good night.

Don't forget Mark's book tonight at Lostock Club 7-30pm

Back