• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mid Cheshire Cup draw

It's a cup match Tony so it will be a split gate anyway.

No reason not to get down there and cheer us on!

No prnlems with
We are being called 1664. That's really disappointing, I thought the stripeys called us 1066? I like that much better.

I also note that we are playing in town for the very first time. I must have dreamed the previous games we've played in Northwich. My mistake.

Lovely to see a bit of banter again. Not the same as a few years ago, but good to be back. Witton may put out some reserves, we may mix our team up too. I would like to win some silverware but it's not the be all and end all.

I'm sure our 'Sunday League' set up will give them a run for their money.

As I have mellowed and am much more sporting towards our friends these days, I will (for the first time) buy a drink from their bar.

It can be done.....

Vicki,

Drink in their bar, you really have mellowed !!.

I know its a split gate Mark (1/3 each)

If Im off work I will be going to support lads and club.

Witton won't overcharge, and our normal stewards are volunteers but if we need extra we might have to pay them this gets paid before the cut 3 ways, it will be a normal match as far as I can see no need to get uppity at all it's fans talk not the official club !

I think it will be a mix of Ressies and squad players, unless the club think it important to win this game and impress on the manager but honestly we have much more important games to play so if its between 2 important league games it will be the mix.

)
I think it will be a mix of Ressies and squad players, unless the club think it important to win this game and impress on the manager but honestly we have much more important games to play so if its between 2 important league games it will be the mix.
Thought we had played our ressies mainly in earlier rounds? Agree that we are likely to have much more important games come the end of feb.

At a guess 5-6 Ressies plus first team squad players with maybe 2-3 decent players on the bench, that's what we did last round v Barnton but as before it depends on circumstances, should still be a competitive game.

That's what I thought as well but he obviously wants to talk about his reserves so lets make him happy - it doesn't cost anything to be nice to people.
CJ:

“Witton will only put a weak/ reserve side out !”

CJ:

“likely that the reserves will be good enough probably to beat you lot”

CJ:

“It will be a nothing game even if you do manage to beat our Ressies”

CJ:

“we will put a weak side out as we did the last round,”

CJ:

“I think it will be a mix of Ressies and squad players”

CJ:

“At a guess 5-6 Ressies plus”

CJ:

“Assume it will be mostly Ressies”

That's what I thought as well but he obviously wants to talk about his reserves so lets make him happy - it doesn't cost anything to be nice to people.
CJ:

“Witton will only put a weak/ reserve side out !”

CJ:

“likely that the reserves will be good enough probably to beat you lot”

CJ:

“It will be a nothing game even if you do manage to beat our Ressies”

CJ:

“we will put a weak side out as we did the last round,”

CJ:

“I think it will be a mix of Ressies and squad players”

CJ:

“At a guess 5-6 Ressies plus”

CJ:

“Assume it will be mostly Ressies”

Well it seems CJ thinks we will put our reserves out then ;)

Being new to the area and not knowing anything about the history of Vics or Witton I am unbiased by it, but how they come on our forum and act , first impressions aren't great, but I guess at least they get a fair say and at least our forum isn't closed to them as theirs is to us , it seems that they don't like Free speech or learning some home truths. As for saying they won't field a strong team as they have important matches, we will have too but at least ours will be at the right end of the table.

Being new to the area and not knowing anything about the history of Vics or Witton I am unbiased by it, but how they come on our forum and act , first impressions aren't great, but I guess at least they get a fair say and at least our forum isn't closed to them as theirs is to us , it seems that they don't like Free speech or learning some home truths. As for saying they won't field a strong team as they have important matches, we will have too but at least ours will be at the right end of the table.

Think anyone can post on our forum mate, had quite a few V*cs and 1874 fans posting recently about the ground share rumours/speculation

There is a suggestion by Witton fans they may need extra stewards,WHY?.Where ever we have been there has never been any trouble caused by our fans,and I am sure their fans are the same.So lets keep it what it is local rivalry.

Back