• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mid Cheshire Cup draw

To get back to the thread,we all know this is not the biggest composition either club has entered,but what else can Witton win.So I do not believe they will treat it lightly,to show disrespect to any local Cup would be an insult to all local clubs.So I hope they put their strongest side out,at least it will show us just how far we have come in our first two season's.Also the paying fans have the right to expect to see the strongest team's out on the pitch,so lets forget all this rubbish about Witton putting their reserves out we all know it the did that they would probably get hammered and that would be in the record book's forever.

It's nice to have the banter back! It's what makes local football so appealing.
I might even start calling them swamp monsters again - just for old times sake. :)

If you follow the thread, I'm answering questions from Toddy and Tony not point scoring, first point was we will put a weak side out as we did the last round, indeed the reserve manager ran the team that game and I doubt we will be any stronger this time - it means more to you than us fact.

Sorry C J I can't agree with you it means more to us than you,if we win it will be a great boost to us,and your fans will have to live with the ribbing you will get from us.If you win it is only to be expected,don't forget in the future it will be the result not the team that will be remembered.I have seen more derby games in the past than I care to remember,and no matter what composition it was one game you did not want to lose.So please put your reserves out,it will make no difference to us it will be Witton Albion we beat or lose too.

Sorry about this CJ can't resist,but the reason your reserve manager ran the team was the first team one was losing all the games at the time

I find this all a tad sad if I'm honest. This should be an opportunity for the town to get excited over a derby, regardless of its competition. It will mean a lot to both sets of fans whatever happens, right it off now all you want but whoever wins has the bragging rights until the next time.

I find this all a tad sad if I'm honest. This should be an opportunity for the town to get excited over a derby, regardless of its competition. It will mean a lot to both sets of fans whatever happens, right it off now all you want but whoever wins has the bragging rights until the next time.

And all this nonsense is Witton fans own making!

Some of their fans just like to dig into us for the sake of it. I guess we should take it as a compliment as they're obviously taking notice!

Toddy, witton had a run of results near the end of last season that just kept them up.
This year they are at the bottom end again fighting relegation.
Players haven't been paid and they are that desperate for money they are letting vIcs back again after swearing never to do business with them again!
The idiot above who to forget his own teams short fall has to come on here and insult a league who's current 16th place team gave them a good rodgering in the fa cup, and is already making poor excuses because he is that worried otherwise he wouldn't even bother to be on here!
In those same two years we have won a promotion, and are pushing for another.
We may not have a ground yet, but when we do it will be funded by a solid financial base and WE won't be relying on other teams to keep us from going bust!
Let him have his little childish play, he obviously has time to spare between homework!!
There may be evo stick premier football at WP next season, but it will probably the team playing in green and white that provide it!!!
Players haven't been paid, really? Where are you getting that information from?

All parties should think themselves lucky that there will be the opportunity for this match to take place. For the 117th year running, remarkably and against immense statistical odds, Witton Albion and Northwich Vics have been drawn apart in this competition before the final. I am sure the FA will be interested in this 'newsworthy' fact!

We are being called 1664. That's really disappointing, I thought the stripeys called us 1066? I like that much better.

I also note that we are playing in town for the very first time. I must have dreamed the previous games we've played in Northwich. My mistake.

Lovely to see a bit of banter again. Not the same as a few years ago, but good to be back. Witton may put out some reserves, we may mix our team up too. I would like to win some silverware but it's not the be all and end all.

I'm sure our 'Sunday League' set up will give them a run for their money.

As I have mellowed and am much more sporting towards our friends these days, I will (for the first time) buy a drink from their bar.

It can be done.....

As I have mellowed and am much more sporting towards our friends these days, I will (for the first time) buy a drink from their bar.

It can be done.....

Are you sure they stock champagne, for the victory toast? :scarf:

Interesting statistical sideline about the 117th time! Shame really, we could have played the winners in the final. ;)

I'll leave to the team to do our talking whoever Witton field

Glad to be able to watch a greens V the stripes again and be optimistic....

http://www.wittonalbion.co.uk/forum/news-and-views/46722-mcsc-sf-v-1874-northwich

Now discussion about taking all our money and raising gate prices to cover extra stewarding.... PMSL

Got some nerve to have a go at us, this match is likely to be their biggest of the season so far and taking a 1/3 cut of the gates will hit them hard. They can take our money from the bar and cafe, at least then they'll see the huge difference in profit between 1874 and JRFC.

They can take the piss but soon they'll be the laughing stock of non league 'When JRFC come back to Wincham'

I thought all their stewards are volunteers according to a friend of mine,so how can they charge for them?

http://www.wittonalbion.co.uk/forum/news-and-views/46722-mcsc-sf-v-1874-northwich

Now discussion about taking all our money and raising gate prices to cover extra stewarding.... PMSL

Got some nerve to have a go at us, this match is likely to be their biggest of the season so far and taking a 1/3 cut of the gates will hit them hard. They can take our money from the bar and cafe, at least then they'll see the huge difference in profit between 1874 and JRFC.

They can take the piss but soon they'll be the laughing stock of non league 'When JRFC come back to Wincham'

Take our money, why? Here's a thought, there's plenty of decent pubs in Wincham and ample parking on and just off Chapel Street. No need to use the snack bar either. Pay to get in, but otherwise keep your wallets tightly shut, particularly if they wish to be such rude and unwelcoming hosts.

First of all I would like to say what a fantastic draw this is, one will be looking forward to the very first Witton vs 1874 derby whatever side Witton put out & hopefully I will see many Witton friends of mine at the game.

In my opinion people needs to stop living in the past, this is not the glory years of when Witton & Vics were in the Conference Premier & where we was always at each other with abuse & snidey remarks this is 2014 where both sides has very respectable clubs. We should be getting along better, sharing each's other's ideas, with the friendly banter what goes with it, not making remarks like we won't buy from there bar, catering etc etc we should be helping each other out as much as we can.

Leave the past behind, when we go to play Witton let's show them how far we has come as a club, go & have a friendly chat with the wittoners, share a drink if you want to & have a good time. That's what local football is about!

COYG

Might help if they were a bit more welcoming though Craig ;)

Reactions: Ben
Back