• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News MATCH INFORMATION UPDATE – MACCLESFIELD FC

It was a great day and a good performance, surprised we didn't top the 200 mark though, everybody put a shift in which was brilliant and everybody from our side looked to have enjoyed the day.
Nice to see Ellis there as well.
COYG

Absolutely fantastic day - looking at the Macc after match reports it was all down to them not reacting and giving us too much space and it had nothing to do with our superb defence and game plan - as I said new nickname The Sulk Men. Definite man of the match was Big Tony and that doesn`t detract from the absolute fantastic performance put in by every other player on that pitch. Have put a few photos on including the ref discussing the drone and Big T after the match

Attachments

• P1010397 (3).JPG
    P1010397 (3).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • P1010397 (3).JPG
    P1010397 (3).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • P1010381 (3).JPG
    P1010381 (3).JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010344 (2).JPG
    P1010344 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • P1010394 (3).JPG
    P1010394 (3).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • P1010349 (4).JPG
    P1010349 (4).JPG
    942.9 KB · Views: 18
  • P1010356 (2).JPG
    P1010356 (2).JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 25

Interesting seeing the two penalty shouts.
If the first one is a foul then it's outside the box. Not that I think it was a foul.
And the handball wasn't even given as a corner.

Interesting seeing the two penalty shouts.
If the first one is a foul then it's outside the box. Not that I think it was a foul.
And the handball wasn't even given as a corner.
As Green Welly has said they should be renamed "the Sulkmen". With the resources at their disposal, they were a big disappointment to me. !874 did a magnificent job on them and if they had a shred of decency their management would have acknowledged that. It was mentioned that the paperwork for 11 notices of 7 days approach for our players were being prepared in Macc's Secretary's office during the game !
Any truth in it ?

Well good luck with that! Two of the starting eleven are currently under contract?? and I doubt any of the others want to push the Macclesfield revolving door.?

I see the Macc PR machine has infiltrated the NPL. Their report says it was Maccs off day and does not mention a 74 player apart from the goal scorer. (MOM) Entertainment 2 stars. Pathetic journalism.
Does that mean we have to give the three points back now ???
???
??

It was a great day and a good performance, surprised we didn't top the 200 mark though, everybody put a shift in which was brilliant and everybody from our side looked to have enjoyed the day.
COYG
We did top 200, Phil…easily I thought with approx 40 in the stand. Interesting that the capacity is 4700… it was no where near full…room for another couple of thousand I thought. Didn’t look 3600 there to be honest unless that fanzone hid a load!! Great day and deserved 3 points…COYG

We did top 200, Phil…easily I thought with approx 40 in the stand. I also know a few were put off with the all ticket nonsense and the admission fee! Interesting that the capacity is 4700… it was no where near full…room for another couple of thousand I thought. Didn’t look 3600 there to be honest unless that fanzone hid a load!! Great day and deserved 3 points…COYG

Having now watched the match I'd suggest they need to invest in a barn door and get their strikers to use it for target practice. Some shocking misses. As for the penalty shouts - the short shirt tug was minimal but outside the box and any handball claim at that close range will rarely succeed. No idea where their 3rd claim for a pen was.
Sore losers, it seems, but then that's a given with all who have a misplaced sense of entitlement.

COYG
Heard from
COYG

Having now watched the match I'd suggest they need to invest in a barn door and get their strikers to use it for target practice. Some shocking misses. As for the penalty shouts - the short shirt tug was minimal but outside the box and any handball claim at that close range will rarely succeed. No idea where their 3rd claim for a pen was.
Sore losers, it seems, but then that's a given with all who have a misplaced sense of entitlement.
Heard all of the usual excuses from them when coming of, biased Ref, dirtiest team they have had there, offside goal allowed ?, what a bunch of bad losers they are !!.

Wasn't at the game but what a great result, congrats to the lads and management ? we need to back that result up now with 3 points on Saturday

Reactions: Ben
Wasn't at the game but what a great result, congrats to the lads and management ? we need to back that result up now with 3 points on Saturday
GNE aren’t doing too badly themselves at the moment. Saturday will call for patience as i’m sure Glossop will be difficult to break down.

Some pictures from Macc, no sign of their match report though

I see that after a disappointing set of recent results, including today, Macc have sacked their manager

Back