• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News MATCH INFORMATION UPDATE – MACCLESFIELD FC

Macc twitter feed tonight says they have hit the 3500 mark which may be for the first time this season and i heard earlier ( from Macc official) we had already sold enough tickets to ensure the biggest away following of the season.
Lets make some noise and get behind the boys.

Speaking to Macc they appear to be excited about the size of our support, their understanding being around 200, at that time, and that we are taking the drum! So, whoever is on the drum, please get us going today!

Our best ever performance in front of the biggest crowd we've seen.
From 1-11 (& 16) we were outstanding.

Macc might have had plenty of the ball in the second half but we mainly restricted them to pot shots from distances. And when needed Big T was there.

Try not to laugh too much at Danny & his sour grapes

Last one from me..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fourth in the league and four points from being top.
Big T for the Man of the Match award today.
I was concerned about Tony before the match even having reads Wayne's comments in the news letter. But I thought he had a brilliant game, some of the saves being made from what looked like very difficult starting points. Definitely my man of the match, but with all of the rest pretty close behind. Well done everyone!

Proud to be a Green today….fantastic performance and well deserved. We played the better football although they had more possession. We restricted them and when they did beak through big Tone was unstoppable. Fantastic gate, although didn’t look 3600….they must have been hiding in the fan zone ?. Around 300 greens made the day perfect…COYG

Our best ever performance in front of the biggest crowd we've seen.
From 1-11 (& 16) we were outstanding.

Macc might have had plenty of the ball in the second half but we mainly restricted them to pot shots from distances. And when needed Big T was there.

Spot on Edge

Macc facebook is worth a read.
They should have had 3 pens, our goal was offside & the officials were shocking.

A few more shoutouts.
GoBo - a tactical masterclass from start to finish. Bringing Cal for Jack worked superbly.
Ollie in just his 3rd game is just getting better & better.
How many goals has Josh been involved in now? 90%?
That match ball car
And the drone

Worst team they have ever played - facebook or twitter.
Pub team - outside on way to car.
Far too far away to see if there were any real penalty calls. But they should look at themselves. They put the ball over the bar twice (I think) with Tony on the ground. They had 3 bookings before we had one (I think). Every time we made a break or half break in the 2nd half our players were hauled back or tripped.
I rather assume their supporters think that the rest of the league is supposed to curl up and give in to their team of "superior" full time players. I did not notice a lot of superiority from them, especially comparing their defence to ours.
As a last moan, did anyone agree with their choice of MoM - their number 2 or 3? I thought their best player by a long way was the no 10 followed by the 11. Every good thing they did started with the 10 (Duffy I believe).

Back