• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on, Tez. What have they actually done to build bridges? Nothing, because they were happy as long as Rushe propped it all up with his cash. And now the cash appears to be drying up will old fans be treated as friends or spies??

Spot on, Tez. What have they actually done to build bridges? Nothing, because they were happy as long as Rushe propped it all up with his cash. And now the cash appears to be drying up will old fans be treated as friends or spies??

More worrying is the fact that not one existing JRFC fan has publically condemned Jim Rushe for funding their club with what is perceived to be drug money. How on earth can a club that is potentially going to be fan operated/owned be trusted when they have moral standards like these.
When things don't go right, I wonder how long it will be before they sell out to another knight in shite armour or attempt to write off more debt with another administration.
Don't forget that one of the three stooges jointly responsible for the demise of Vics is still directly involved with JRFC.
As far as I'm concerned the transition from dictator owned to fan owned run by a board of muppets will not be as smooth as they may think.

Last edited:
My guess is that they are going to ask for monthly pledges of money to get them through the season, with the whole thing still silently run by the Rushes. Remember they asked for pledged per goal/point, I wonder what the take up was?

I agree this is just a front for the Rushe family and their mystery backers to continue their dealings and these "fans" are being used.

We have our own proper fans owned Club, solvent, respected, accountable to its owners and building a reputation as a well run Club and which is a fine representative for its fans and community.

Anything that has Rushe, Nutall, Dewsbury, and Colin (with or without his £200) we should steer well clear of and if JRFC disappears then this town and the local football scene is a better place.

Last edited:
Meanwhile that Co House letter still hangs in the air ... could be the shortest fan-run tenure in history

Meanwhile that Co House letter still hangs in the air ... could be the shortest fan-run tenure in history
Would be interesting to see, if they do take control will they change JRFC's registered address from 16, Berry Lane, Preston to Wincham Park.
Must admit it would be more acessible to creditors if they did, not too sure how Mr Harris would feel having Bailiffs knocking at his door every day.

There would appear to be about 150 still interested in NVFC of which about half go to the home games?
The regulars have probably backed themselves into a corner and given the history between us would probably drift towards Witton (maybe Barnton) if they wanted to continue watching local football. That leaves, at our level, a sizeable group of people who we should be thinking of attracting in the future. We don't need to alienate them by gloating and continuing to fight a war that is won. If there is not another word against them posted on here the more immoral group know we have won. To ignore them may be more frustrating to us as we won't see a response, but to them that is probably the worst scenario of all. In the sh*t, sinking deeper by the day and nobody even talks about them any more.
Perhaps the time has come to step back from the war of words and make the right noises to give that less committed group somewhere else to go when the death is finally announced?
There's a lot more honour and dignity in accepting we've won and not rubbing the losers noses in it and gloating

I've thought for a while now that we are holding ourselves back as a club by constantly talking about Vics on here as we could appear bitter and obsessed to outsiders who don't know the history of the situation, we need to concentrate more on making ourselves appealing to new fans and Imo that means leaving Vics alone.

No ex Vics supporter will gloat about the demise of that once great club,but when the gang of three betrayed the club we all loved,it was inevitable what would happen.The one good thing to come out of this is we have a club we can be proud of.

If we didn't promote JRFC negativity who would?
No disrespect but if you don't like what is posted, don't read and dont reply, its that simple.

Last edited:
There is no reason to lock a thread tucked away in General Chat. Either people have the self-control not to read or post, or they don't. And even if it remains merely a place where news of their fate/progress/demise/triumph * is posted, where else is anyone with a passing interest going to find out? Their website? Their forum?

* delete as applicable

I'll make a promise, to stop forwarding Colon's messages and promoting his insanity, ill keep it purely JRFC (Club) related.

Last edited:
It's not about censoring or restricting what people say and no one could accuse me of being silent or uncritical over the years!!
I just think we are moving into a new era and there are fringe supporters of NVFC who may soon be without a team to support. In addition there is a large local population from whom we need to attract new supporters. Most will not read this forum or any other forum.
If we are looking to attract such people then we need to readjust the message we send out.
We can continue to point out they are a lying, cheating, drug dealing, immoral , lying set of bas**rds etc so come and support us, 1874.
Alternatively we could say we are a new fan run club, enthusiastic, close and excited by what the future may hold who have been born born out of the unacceptable behaviour of another football club who appear to represent all that is wrong with the modern game and are now facing the consequences. Come and join us on the journey.
Think about which of those two messages would attract you if you were not yet a fan of 1874. As I say I doubt many outsiders ever read this forum but if we are to change the message we send out it needs to start somewhere - so why not here and anywhere else we post?

Just want that club to be put out of there misery and we can all move on
We are moving on very well whether they exist or not. Let's not confuse our emotional response with the message we want to send out to people who may be future fans but know nothing of all this and, in all honesty, won't care. It's easier to drive people away than attract them for all sorts of reasons.
Another thing we should be preparing for, whenever it happens, is their demise. Not for our satisfaction but because that event will be a massive publicity opportunity for us. Short of a cup run that gets some national publicity it's the biggest opportunity we have on the horizon at the moment.
It will make news in the north west because of the history and heritage of the club and we need to hijack the bland media presentation *** that will probably be 'Sad day for poor local football club who have struggled to survive...............etc' and get our message across. One or two decent soundbites and quotes in the right places would be priceless in raising awareness and building our image.
*** This does not include our local media who have been brilliant at presenting the whole story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back