• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northwich Victoria are not under threat of not being able to play at the Net-Dec stadium due to unpaid debts for ground rent as per the agreement nor are they under any eviction notice from Witton Albion FC these are just ugly and wrong rumours ! this comes direct from the Witton Albion Chairman Mark Harris with his permission to quote.
My post re JRFC being under some pressure to pay outstanding monies to WAFC was made in the light of information received from usually reliable WAFC sources. My apologies if this was wrong. However, other sources have advised that a recent payment due to be paid to WAFC by JRFC was paid partly in cash (which WAFC have been warned not to accept from JRFC in view of the possible dubious nature of the funding) and partly by cheque.(which unsurprisingly bounced). Perhaps CJ, you could ask Mark Harris for his views on this and also how JRFC are able to fund a Club in the Evostik League (albeit at a very low level), when the perceived income and expenditure are so far apart. Are the Evostik League Management Board satisfied that the significant shortfall is being funded from legitimate sources?

My post re JRFC being under some pressure to pay outstanding monies to WAFC was made in the light of information received from usually reliable WAFC sources. My apologies if this was wrong. However, other sources have advised that a recent payment due to be paid to WAFC by JRFC was paid partly in cash (which WAFC have been warned not to accept from JRFC in view of the possible dubious nature of the funding) and partly by cheque.(which unsurprisingly bounced). Perhaps CJ, you could ask Mark Harris for his views on this and also how JRFC are able to fund a Club in the Evostik League (albeit at a very low level), when the perceived income and expenditure are so far apart. Are the Evostik League Management Board satisfied that the significant shortfall is being funded from legitimate sources?
Again - questions raised by former NVFC fans that could also be answered by them more accurately than anyone else?

Last edited:
Again - questions raised by former NVFC fans that could also be answered by them more accurately than anyone else?
Is that your get out of jail free card, Paul ?:rolleyes:

Hypocrisy makes football forums go round.

And round

And round.

No hypocrisy would kill forums off!! ☺

Hypocrisy makes football forums go round.

And round

And round.

No hypocrisy would kill forums off!! ☺
My old mate Pete! How's the bush have you spotted any V*cs fans this season yet?

Utter tosh. If these questions could be answered, it follows that the questions need not be asked. Your later post refers to "the hypocrisy of a select few". Trying to get to the truth of these matters is important for the good of football and the people best placed to provide the answers are the officials of JRFC, WAFC, the Evostik League and the FA. The silence is deafening. Try looking a bit closer to home if you want an example of the actions of a hypocrit!

Witton are not there to police other clubs, we have no power or authority to do so, we have been told that we get paid directly by Northwich Victoria via there own account not cash or other means so it is traceable - but not by us ! that is for the league/FA to do.

How can you say that having been a NVFC fan in its glory days following cup runs etc until eventually stepping away when it finally all went belly up to the point of no return? Hypocrisy at its best from you yet again...

Don't know what cup runs you are referring to but I bailed long before Charlton and took no pleasure seeing it. There is no way that the Evostik chairman should have accepted money from JRFC. No right minded Witton fan can be happy having a playing budget supplemented by JRFC's money.

Witton are not there to police other clubs, we have no power or authority to do so, we have been told that we get paid directly by Northwich Victoria via there own account not cash or other means so it is traceable - but not by us ! that is for the league/FA to do.

Ha, who is chairman of the league? So how hard are they going to look into it?

Winning makes you lose sense of what's right and wrong ey W*tton fans? You'll come to an oh so mighty fall after all of this, and how I will laugh. Enjoy the winning feeling whilst it lasts, you won't get this extra playing budget for long...

Mark Harris will not be allowed to vote, lead or be involved in matters relating to NVFC at league level it will be dealt with by other members of the league committee so you are wrong again. We probably will not have them next season but we will be fine - managed for over a hundred years without them.

Not quite true C.J.you were bailed out when they were your tenant's in the early 2000s,please get your facts right.By the way have you altered the date on your Stands yet.

There was a Witton Albion in 1876 and "we choose" to be linked to that just as you choose 1874 lol ! and for all our existence 95% of it did not have tenants we also had Runcorn for 3 seasons very successfully- its a business as well as a football club and we might have more tenants in the future as well - so what ! we are using our biggest asset.

Mark Harris will not be allowed to vote, lead or be involved in matters relating to NVFC at league level it will be dealt with by other members of the league committee so you are wrong again. We probably will not have them next season but we will be fine - managed for over a hundred years without them.
Is only being in the top flight of non league football for 3 whole seasons "managing"
I ask you c.j. because you seem to have all the answers....whose your source?

And of course him being chairman wouldn't influence or cloud any decisions at all. Are you happy that JRFC are helping to pay your squad?

I would rather not have anybody if possible ! and I only have some answers and any Witton Albion shareholder knows these things because the Chairman talks to the shareholders and keeps us up to date as possible not perfect by any means and of course sometimes confidentiality prevents disclosure - but he is very approachable on issues.
As to JRFC he is in Jail now ! they NVFC are getting funding from somewhere else now I guess but I can see them struggling to continue. With respect to the league if you have ever sat on this type of body or had dealings with them you would know then the chairman has to be impartial and above board and cannot seen to be influencing things for their club - all the other members belong to other clubs in the league also so would not allow it to happen ! its how it works. If he could influence things we would not have been in the South section !

As I've said to Mr Harris personally, if you are not sure where that money is coming from, as Chairmsn of the league, you should be setting the standard and not accepting it. So you admit that JR paid the rent last year?

I dont know who paid it neither do you ! but it came to Witton Albion via Northwich Victoria not JR or cash ! that is the point it is up to the FA to police clubs. We were going to terminate the agreement this season but due to legal issues we could not. Nothing else to say on this now its raking up old ground again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back