• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Comedy Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that even the people of Northwich don't know the truth about what has happened at JRFC, they just think they have fallen on bad times. Even Facebook pages like Northwich Town are congratulating them on today.

Tbh you do kind of have to feel a bit for the players but its still a bit of justice being done lol
Josh - sorry I don't feel one iota of sympathy for anyone associated with Corrupt FC. What goes around comes around. I just hope that the fact that they now don't have a chance of a big 3rd round pay day will provide some succour to the many creditors who weren't paid what was due to them by JR in respect of the CVA he voluntarily agreed to.

I for one are celebrating tonight. Couldn't happen to a worse club

I have mixed feelings about it as I've supported the club for 40 years but I am relieved that Rushe won't be getting a payday.

No mixed feelings here. Not much sympathy for players either - they choose the club they play for, and most are doubtless attracted by the financial incentives offered; and if they know nothing of the off-field history, or don't question their home attendances, they are very blinkered.

Reactions: Kit
Surly it's just a coincidence????

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Screenshot_2015-12-05-22-46-08-1.png
Screenshot_2015-12-05-22-43-05-1.png

Last edited:
I have no mixed-feelings either, the club lacks a moral compass. Their interviews to the press over the last few days just continue to show that they just don't get it.

Just seen this posted on a groundhopping forum

"An surreal match and not just because of the football. The whole match was played to a backdrop of a massive fire that destroyed the Sixfields Tavern a local pub and restaurant. Had the fire started a few minutes earlier the match would have been called off. I was actually in the MacDonalds nearby when the fire broke out, but didn't notice until I was in the ground and saw lots of smoke but no flames. Luckily the wind was blowing this away from the ground. The situation changed drastically around kick off time when the roof collapsed and there were towering flames. The pub was in two parts and the fire soon spread to the larger part, The fire looked to be under control at the end of the game. There was a smell of smoke in the air when I got home and I live 5 miles away. According to the report I read no-one was hurt, although several people would have lost their cars parked nearby. The pub must have been full of football fans at the time.
As for the game, for 83 minutes this was one of the worst Cobblers performances I have ever witnessed. They never managed to overcome the windy conditions and went a goal down in the first half. They also should have had a player sent off for a second yellow although it could even have been a straight red. Northwich players surrounded the referee demanding a red card, which may just have saved the player concerned.
Northampton if anything were worse in the second half and deservedly went 2-0 down following a defensive howler which let a Northwich player in, his shot hot the bar and Bennett headed home the rebound. Northampton never remotely looked like scoring until a lucky deflection in the 83rd minute made it 2-1. Incredibly they were level a minute later and took the lead 2 minutes after that. I don't think I have ever seen a four minute turnaround like that before. Northwich still had a chance to equalise and Northampton missed an open goal. Northampton substitute Ricky Holmes was involved in all of the goals and won the Man of the Match award despite being on the pitch about 8 minutes when it was announced.
It was hard to feel too sorry for Northwich as they and their fans were not a loveable bunch. Twice the fans let off flares, which is something I hate and anyway there was quite enough smoke about as it was.

The person who posted this reckons the away following was no more than 150. A far cry from 500+ on a Wednesday night to Leyton Orient for a game live on TV. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
Fire started outside the pub according to the local paper ...
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...-at-sixfields-tavern-in-northampton-1-7102139

One of the reader posts beneath:
10 minutes before kick off, fans who'd been in there were saying that it was caused by a lighted flare put into a bin, but it was all under control. I doubt there is much CCTV evidence that has survived, but how did a fire in a bin lead to the total destruction of the pub?

Doesn't say much for the design of the building, but if the wind was anything like at the Barton today it wouldn't take long for flames to spread. Good (and lucky) that nobody was hurt.

Last edited:
Presumably any use of flares etc in the ground would have been picked up by the TV cameras that were there if it was being broadcast on some worldwide FA Cup feed. Makes you wonder a bit about stewarding arrangements too.

Acc to the official figures, 350 in the away end. Witton had better treble their pie order for JR's next home game.
350 would have included a fair few nuetrals looking to witness an upset. Well they did up until the 83 minute when Northampton secured probably the best FA Cup comeback in recent times.

On the 80th minute I was actually preparing to disappear off Facebook and Twitter until the New Year but thought I'd won the lottery at fulltime. :)

Yep, I couldn't have face the next month either. The injustice of that club being in the FA Cup 3rd round would have been too much to cope with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back