• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

BREXIT THE MOVIE

Wow! It seems it's not only me who finds you condescending Alan! o_O.

I can live with that.
Just trying to bring some facts into all the emotive arguments.
Interesting vox pops at start of C4's 'Immigrant's Guide to Britain' last night when people asked to define immigrant/refugee/asylum seeker/expat.

If there was ever a top sportsman/proud Englishman combo to point me in the right direction on this vote I would probably go for someone like Sir Ian Botham, for example. :)

Serious question - what qualifies a top sportsman to pronounce on such matters (more than, say, a top singer, or a top cook, or a top plumber)? I asked others the same question when the film and TV people all came out en masse for staying in. I didn't get a convincing reply.

Serious question - what qualifies a top sportsman to pronounce on such matters (more than, say, a top singer, or a top cook, or a top plumber)? I asked others the same question when the film and TV people all came out en masse for staying in. I didn't get a convincing reply.
What qualifies Tony Blair to pronounce on such matters, or Ed Milliband for that matter? Are you saying one of our top sportsman ever is not entitled to his say and isn't entitled to free speech? Just because you don't agree with his view doesn't mean others shouldn't :redcard

You misunderstand the question. I questioned a few weeks ago (elsewhere) why people should sit up and take note of what leading actors etc said (they were pro EU), why their opinions were particularly valuable over those of others in other areas. You brought up Ian Botham, so I thought I'd ask the same question. It was a genuine question, and I am surprised by the touchy reply.

I am not denying him an opinion (where did I say that?). I didn't even comment on his opinion. I just find it a bit strange that the media (and clearly both sides of the debate) think the opinions of famous individuals and celebrity figures from the world of sport and showbiz such as him and Sir John Hurt (to name but one on 'the other side') should carry more weight and thus be worth big headlines.

I suppose the argument for Blair, Miliband, Lawson, Redwood, Major, and all the rest would be that they have been inextricably involved in politics throughout their careers. I wouldn't have them as pundits on Euro 2016 though. ;)

What made my mind up were the people supporting out,Boris the idiot,Gove the clown all he needs is a red nose ,he was so pathetic on T'V's Breakfast yesterday morning it was embarrassing,then you have got Duncan Smith,the man who would send kids back up chimneys.

But they've also got that wonderful Mr Farage. ;)

Are you sure Alan,now he has the support of Kim Jong-un,that well known humanitarian.

Last edited:
We're in absolutely no position to comment on the US election, as the UK news only show little sound bites to make people look stupid. If you actually look in to it in more detail, the US election is being voted for on a cultural level, not a policy level. People seem to forget, the US political system is designed so that the president has very little power, really think he'll get "the wall" through parliament? No. He knows that, too. They have a real problem in certain parts of America why PC has gotten way out of hand, that's why Trump fights against, that's why he's so popular. If he ever got in all he'd do is fix trade, and not much else. If you looked more into it, and understood American politics more, you'd understand why he is so popular. But rather than do the reaserch people would rather make stupid claims that "All Americans are thick".

People seem to think Trump will make the world burn - when in reality, he'd do very little. Calvin Coolidge was the last American president that did very little - and he's considered as "The best president you never heard of".

So if you want to make comments and on the US election, do a little more reaserch rather than just spouting "Americans are sooo dumb", because we all know, that's not true.

Last edited:
So right, Alan, having travelled around the US some what, perhaps the Mid West and many of the "latino" residents may be a little confused with modern day life, BUT !, do not under estimate the many who are are more into Politics than many here in the UK.

:eek:
I hope 1874 haven't any American supporters or distant followers with comments like that!
As we know, Alan's opinion is always correct and based on facts.
We will probably get a list of links proving how stupid the Americans are can be to back up his comment.
And I'm sure he'll be pleased to point out he didn't actually say Americans are stupid in the first place!.

The in/out fight will end approximately 6 weeks before the football season, we need to plan ahead. What do we fight about in those 6 weeks?

:eek:
I hope 1874 haven't any American supporters or distant followers with comments like that!

We did have New York Tricky many moons ago probably on his golf course somewhere with his multi million pound mansion older users on this forum will know what I mean.

Back