• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

"You can't run a football club from behind a computer"

Marko

Legend
May 16, 2014
I just stumbled across this little quote from November 2012.

"I hope the trust forms its own club, because only then will they find out how hard it is to keep one going.
It takes many hours, and I’m not sure they’ve taken that into consideration, it’s an enormous undertaking.
You can’t run a football team from behind a desk or on a computer. Sometimes you have to make a decision on the spot, without the help of a committee"
Makes me very proud of the club and all of the board for making it all happen over the last couple of years.

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/...ters_group_criticises_Vics_owner_and_advisor/

I think that it is a bit rich as JR was in court again on Wednesday appealing against his bankruptcy order although the Judge threw it out and I wonder if the footballing authorities will do something this time.
I have also been led to believe that a lot of the JRFC fans are becoming more vocal and critical and insisting that JR fulfill his promises and build this stadium in Northwich that he has been promising over the past few years although JR hasn't had a lot of success in trying to persuade local clubs to allow his team to ground-share, but given his reputation I don't blame them.
I had forgotten about Mr Bean!

Last edited:
I just stumbled across this little quote from November 2012.

"I hope the trust forms its own club, because only then will they find out how hard it is to keep one going.
It takes many hours, and I’m not sure they’ve taken that into consideration, it’s an enormous undertaking.
You can’t run a football team from behind a desk or on a computer. Sometimes you have to make a decision on the spot, without the help of a committee"
Makes me very proud of the club and all of the board for making it all happen over the last couple of years.

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/...ters_group_criticises_Vics_owner_and_advisor/

I see your amusing article, and raise you a Charlton programme, including this little gem:

NIQnCbu.jpg

I also heard from a very reliable source that JR was never in a position to buy the VS and never opened discussions with the bank to buy it.

We were being fed a load of b******t by JR and Mr Bean whose own company Football Factors is in receivership.

The irony even today is that none of the JRFC faithful know what is going on but I am sure that if they decide to give up on Mr Rushe and his private football club then they would be made very welcome with us at the BS.

Last edited:
I think it says a lot for how far we've come that most of the conversation is now about how well the club is doing and the pride we have in supporting it.

I don't want to waste column inches on that tit but isn't it nice that we are talking about football and our club rather than CVA's and financial struggles?

Jim is correct though... it takes many hours to run a football club...and many more to run it properly.

So we should not forget or take for granted all the excellent work that our Board and volunteers do to make our club what it is.

I'm no Vics fan at all - no matter what name you have! I am however very keen to see clubs have proper relationships with their fans, and none better than being OWNED and RUN by the fans.

I do hope that your club goes from strength to strength, and one day returns to the town. I have many many fond memories of getting off the station at Northwich and waking to the Drill Field for some epic games against my club. Miss those days I can tell you.

Anyway - best of luck for 2014/2015 and onwards, until we meet again on the field.

You obviously take pride in what you're doing and you must take strength form knowing you're doing it the right way. Congratulations.

Back