• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

You are in charge......

simon barton

I Live Here
Jun 27, 2013
Ok........Pre season games completed...... what's your starting line-up for Saturday??

This is mine (no Pritch due to injury, who would normally be the first name on the list!)

1 - Josh
2 - Paul
3 - Russy
4 - Mitch
5 - DT
6 - Jonah
7 - Callum G
8 - Matt W
9 - Scottie
10 - Sam F
11 - Taylor

1 - Josh
2 - Paul
3 - Russy
4 - Mitch
5 - DT
6 - Jonah
7 - Beads
8 - Matt W
9 - Scottie
10 - Callum G
11 - Taylor

Subs... Sam / Josh W / Kaz / Owen F / Kyle

Josh
Mitch Pritchard DT
Paul Jones Freakes. M.W. Russ
Beadle. McGowan

3-5-2 would be nice when all fit

Same starting 11 as @Edge for me. May have been tempted at a 3-5-2 though if Pritch had been available.

On another note, are we doing the prediction league again?

Will Beads be available or is he still on honeymoon? If not I would go with Simon (although once Lee J has got himself fit he looks a shoe in - he looked good on Saturday for 15 minutes or so.)

Josh
Mitch Pritchard DT
Connors Jones Freakes. Gardner. Russ
Beadle. McGowan

If no Beadle.

Josh
Mitch Pritchard DT
Connors Jones Freakes.Hind Russy
Gardner. McGowan

Freakes to stick like a limpet to Craig Cairns! Then we will win for certain

Oh to be a manager!!

Last edited:
Richard, I don't think Beads will be fit... he didn't look fit before he got married, so would expect him to be on the bench initially.... can't believe I missed out Sammy H...... can we play with 12??

Id go with...

1. Samburg
2. Connor
3. Russell
4. Pritchard
5. Mitchell
6. Jones
7. Gardner
8. Woolley (C)
9. McGowan
10. Freakes
11. Kennerley

1. Samburg
2. Connor
3. Russell
4. Thomas (Pritch if he was fit)
5. Mitchell
6. Jones
7. Gardner
8. Woolley (C)
9. McGowan
10. Parker (Can believe no one has mentioned our best play-maker from last season!?)
11. Kennerley

The great thing is that would still leave players on the bench like....
Beadle, Freakes, Hind, Kaz, L.Jackson, R.Jackson, Pritch/Thomas.

Probably the best squad depth i've seen at the club so far..........exciting times ahead if we can keep everyone!!

Some serious competition for places all over! Retained great lads and added quality - interested to see how Greg’s replacement gets on - good luck Josh, be positive and make time for our supporters and we’ll back you all the way. No idea at the moment on the 11 - some to come back from injury too which will be like new signings. Bring on 2018/19

Against a strong CoL side who I expect to be challenging in the top four, I think we'll have to set up to stop them playing and try to cut out the service to Cairns. With that - plus the fitness and availability of key individuals - in mind I'd go with a blend of experience, strength, energy and pace as follows...

(4-4-1-1)
1. Samberg
2. PC
3. Russy
4. DT
5. Mitch
6. Jonah
7. Callam
8. M. Woolley (C)
9. Scotty
10. Freakes
11. Taylor

Subs: L. Jackson, Woods, Jake, Kaz, Kyle

Bear in mind we also have Burscough in the FA Cup a week later, with some decent prize money (and an interesting tie in the next round) available for the victors.

Once the likes of Beads, Pritch, Ryan and Sam are 100% and available for selection then we could probably field two XIs! I've not even mentioned Lever, Wagster, Farrell, Winthrop and Preston - who all featured for us during pre-season and will no doubt play a part for us during this 2018-19 campaign. I can see GoBo having plenty of dilemmas in the coming weeks once lads are back in full training, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us making wholesale changes to the teamsheet once we start playing two or three times a week. This will ensure everyone plays their part, as well as freshening things up and create healthy competition for places in the starting lineup. As others have said, it's terrific that we've added depth in defence, midfield and attack, whilst those returning from long-term injuries are like new signings in themselves.

Reactions: Ben
Went to training last night for the first time and I must say I was really impressed with what I saw.

Almost a full complement there.

Just to update for Saturday, Sam Hind will be unavailable and Beads is back in contention but hasn't trained. No clues on the team! It was great to see Wayne working on set pieces and the new goalkeeping coach putting them through their paces. (4 goalkeepers there last night but Josh is first choice and the others including Callum were just "keeping fit")

Can't wait for tomorrow so lets get as many as we can there as they will certainly bring 100-150 ish I'm sure for the first game.

1. Samberg
2. Connor
3. Russell
4. Mitchell
5. Thomas (Pritchard all day when fit)
6. Jones
7. Jackson (I’ve not managed to get to a pre-season game to judge Gardner unfortunately!)
8. Freakes
9. McGowan
10. Parker
11. Kennerley

1 - Josh
2 - Paul
3 - Russy
4 - Mitch
5 - DT
6 - Jonah
7 - Beads
8 - Matt W
9 - Scottie
10 - Callum G
11 - Taylor

Subs... Sam / Josh W / Kaz / Owen F / Kyle

Having read Wayne's comment in the newsletter updated guess...

1 - Josh
2 - Paul
3 - Russy
4 - Mitch
5 - DT
6 - Jonah
7 - Josh
8 - Matt W
9 - Scottie
10 - Callum G
11 - Taylor
Subs... Sam F/ Pritch/ Kaz / Jake / Kyle[