• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Words from manager Damian Crossley ahead of tomorrow’s fixture at Townfield

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Damian Crossley is urging his 74 side to turn possession into chances in front of goal, as they go in search of three points this weekend against Prescot Cables. Last time out, 1874 fell to a 2-0 defeat away at Nantwich Town, where Crossley rued defensive lapses at crucial stages in the game. "My overriding thought is about the goals we conceded. There were some passages of play that were positive and some pretty good individual contributions but the goals were very disappointing." "I feel our issue is creating chances, it’s not as though we’re missing loads of chances every game, we need to have more confidence to control the game with the ball, this in turn would lead to us creating more." Cables will arrive at Townfield in 2nd place on Saturday, as they look to close the gap between themselves and pace setters Leek Town. "I expect Prescot to come wanting to show people why they’re up there, be positive and put us under pressure. We’ll be looking to put in a good performance in both an attacking and defensive sense and put some points on the board." Admission for Saturday's game is pay on the gate and is priced £10 for adults, £6 for consessions, £1 for 12-17 year olds, with U12s free of charge.

Continue reading...

Back