• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Words from Damian ahead of Trafford’s visit to Townfield

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Damian Crossley has issued a rallying cry to the 1874 fans ahead of crucial NPL West tie against Trafford tomorrow. With both sides at the wrong end of the table heading into to final third of the season, 1874 will be looking to build on Saturday's point against Mossley, a performance that where Crossley praised the resilience amongst the squad. "I was pleased with the determination and grit we showed, we spoke about it before the game and the lads really put a shift in." "It wasn’t pretty at times but we stuck at it and overall it was a pleasing performance and a positive step forward." One player that particularly stood out on Saturday was Salford City loanee Bowen, and Damian was quick to heap praise ok the youngsters performance. "I thought he was terrific. He was strong, aggressive and completely unfazed by the fact it was his first game." Trafford head into Saturday's game on the back of a defeat to Steve Cunningham's Ashton United, and will be looking to avenge their poor form in the league also. The '74 boss has not taken this for granted however, and is urging the fans to get behind the team this weekend. "I expect Trafford to be well organised. They’ve a few really experienced players and they’ll look to manage the game." "Please be as loud as you were last week and get behind the lads. You were fantastic and hopefully we can go one better for you all this Saturday."

Continue reading...

Back