• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Witton manager leaves

All change at Witton Macaulay and Martindale’s contracts not renewed then. Probably not surprising in a way, though I think they might well have walked if not pushed. They’ve taken some flak from certain sections of the terraces this season. Easy for some to forget that in the during the voided seasons during the pandemic they were punching well above their budgetary weight. Some might say be careful what you wish for; big boots to fill perhaps.

Incidentally, 53 views of the thread on The Centralgrounder ..... not one response.

Fill in your own final sentence to my post ...... the apathy is contagious ?

There is a bit more discussion on their Facebook page.
Should be an interesting meeting tomorrow.

Reactions: Tez
They were punching above their weight in that league.

You'd think if they hold their average of 350 plus Vics paying £1k a game they'll have a competitive budget next season. I'm not sure that's the case though.
Hopefully, @Knutsfordian will update us later about the meet the Chairman night.

Last edited:
They were punching above their weight in that league.

You'd think if they hold their average of 350 plus Vics paying £1k a game they'll have a competitive budget next season. I'm not sure that's the case though.
Hopefully, @Knutsfordian will update us later about the meet the Chairman night.
Strong rumours in Town that Basford are about to fold which might provide a lifeline for W----- !

Would that save them or rescue a third bottom club from the playoffs?

Back