• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

witton albion

From the Witton site - www.wittonalbionfc.co.uk/news/chairman-stands-down-2678127.html

Don't bother looking on the Witton forum for any discussion though
tumbleweed GIF

just been announced Witton chairman John Salmon has resigned looks like "Trouble at Mill"
Seriously, as we know ourselves, running a football club at any level is a tough job and this has been particularly so over the last two years. Chairmen in particular are always the target of criticism (and I should know as there have been a few that I’ve had, shall we say, frosty relations with.

So I think that we should temper our mirth re the predicament of our neighbours and maybe just be thankful that we have such an excellent Board and backroom support team!??

Seriously, as we know ourselves, running a football club at any level is a tough job and this has been particularly so over the last two years. Chairmen in particular are always the target of criticism (and I should know as there have been a few that I’ve had, shall we say, frosty relations with.

So I think that we should temper our mirth re the predicament of our neighbours and maybe just be thankful that we have such an excellent Board and backroom support team!??
Easy for me to post from afar, but I’m sure you’ll agree wholeheartedly James, the Board and support team can always benefit from any additional help if owners/supporters have a little spare time. Many hands and all that.

He leapt at the chance to become Chairman and Director, but recently struggled in the difficult task of moving upstream. He leaves behind a club sensing a distinct sinking feeling.

I have noticed that there is more interest in Witton Albion's affairs on this website than on their own.

Reactions: Ben
nobody goes on the witton forum even the wittoners would rather come on here. its a much better run forum thanks to the Tez and the other mods
and as to temper our mirth about Witton .its a tradition regards the green side of the town to take the mick out of them. as regards john salmom pure comedy gold to be able to use fish jokes .lets hope the guardian come up with a good headline.

Reactions: Tez
nobody goes on the witton forum even the wittoners would rather come on here. its a much better run forum thanks to the Tez and the other mods
and as to temper our mirth about Witton .its a tradition regards the green side of the town to take the mick out of them. as regards john salmom pure comedy gold to be able to use fish jokes .lets hope the guardian come up with a good headline.
Thanks Virgil, but Edge as the forum administrator is the big cheese, the rest of us just tag along ?

Back