• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

winnington park recreation club

Yesterday I went and had a better look if the football pitch went goal to goal in front of the club which then becomes a stand the bowling greens could stay as well with a stand behind one goal. The more I look at it the better it gets with better amenities than winsford its in Northwich and I would guess cheaper than we pay now someone who makes these decisions should go and look for themselves

I've included a qoute from the manager , ( would you want to come and play on the Barton Stadium pitch for only reasonable expenses, I think not.)

Last edited:
There's land over the other side of the river Weaver over the single bridge leading up to Barnton. I don't know who owns it, or what the land is used for, however looks like it may be big enough for a pitch, there's barren land adjacent to which could be used for car parking if available.
With the new development down on the Winnington side then it could be a good location if it's not been earmarked for housing.

There's land over the other side of the river Weaver over the single bridge leading up to Barnton. I don't know who owns it, or what the land is used for, however looks like it may be big enough for a pitch, there's barren land adjacent to which could be used for car parking if available.
With the new development down on the Winnington side then it could be a good location if it's not been earmarked for housing.
You mean you could walk to the ground!!

The thing about walking to the ground is you can get mates to go with you . I know a least 5 pals I could get to go to games if they were in northwich but no mater how I try now they will not come

Back