• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Winning ugly

TimBen1874

Administrator
Jun 24, 2013
Iv read a lot of comments bout last and I have to say reading the updates as they came it doesn't look like we played to our potential. But that said we need to be positive in winning three points and going to within a point of formby (who play tonight)
I know it's an old clichè but they do say that "winning ugly wins the league" teams like man utd and Chelsea won titles on it, and we have to remember that at this time in the year as much as we want a free flowing team firing on all cylinders, surely the points come first? I'm sure this is just a one off and we can go into games with confidence knowing that on our day we can beat anyone!!!
Also good reading some post from new fans and returning ex trickies, welcome to Lawsio and to Ex Drummer, were on the up!!! And I really think this is our year, and not nesscessarily wether we go up or not,
Can't wait to see the highlights

I'll be more than happy if winning ugly gets 2nd place, it doesn't need to win the league for me. Modest aspirations!

I agree Tim, winning is all that matters now. Over the course of a season, the team can't be expected to play to their potential every single game. The performance against Villa wasn't great but then again most fans said how well we played at Atherton. I'm sure we'lll back to our best against Abbey Hey on Saturday and Darwen in midweek - two games I am delighted to be able to attend!

Back