• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Widnes thread

For what it's worth, I may not have seen a victory this season but I have always come away more than satisfied with the levels of commitment and endeavour on show. I will confess that at first I had to adjust my expectations when it came to levels of skill on show, and there are times I might groan at a misplaced pass or over-hasty clearance, but I am fully aware of the level at which we are starting out and yes, as a co-owner of this football club I am indeed grateful to the whole squad (+ management & board) for giving us all the opportunity to experience a fantastic first season and above all for letting us expend our energies and opinions on the football on the pitch rather than the shenanigans off it.

As for Sakeel, from what I've seen live and in the highlights he seems quite an exciting prospect, if a bit raw at the edges. I would certainly never have dreamt of applying the epithet 'scared' to him with the ball at his feet.

Apologies Ste, I've had a long day and am a bit raw. Everyone as you quite rightly say is entitled to their opinion and this is just the place to air them. However, Sakeel tore us to pieces in the game against Daisy Hill early in the season, went to Nelson where he didn't fit (a lot to live with in THAT team!)- I think he fits great with us and was the missing piece of the jigsaw in many respects.
Give him time and a good pre season, he'll tear up whatever league we are in next year believe me.

Maybe I'm setting my sights too high. Maybe this level of football isn't for me? Think I'm looking at the latter at the moment.

Maybe mate. Believe me I'm not against him, if he does come good in my eyes then all good :)

Sakeel top class? He scored and managed to scuff one across for a tap in. All about opinions but he doesn't look like a footballer to me.
?? Really!!
Chased down to earn his goal, skinned the defender to set Brandon's goal up on a plate with a precision pass and run the defence ragged most of the afternoon!!...perhaps I was at another game??
God knows what some people expect at this level on a pitch that bobbles the ball all over the place..
As they say, the best footballers in the world are on the terraces!!

I must say up until today I'd only seen highlights, but even then I think he's exciting no defenders like being run at, maybe his final ball needs a tweak but he's exciting! After today when my daughter wanted to walk out with him and how amazing he was I can see that only do we have a talented forward playing for us but also a lovely guy with a big heart and I think we are lucky to have him

From what I've seen of Sakeel, he's an extremely talented young player and exciting prospect for the future. There's no doubt in my mind he's made a difference.

Very good performance today, Sakeel was top class and another 2 goals for super Mike Brandon, big week ahead now and lets make sure we get the three points on Thursday and hope Colls we do us a favour, would be great if we have an 1874 invasion next saturday to cheer on Colls.:scarf:

I hope Colls can do us a favour (IF we get the result against Holker that is), but their goalkeeper is suspended, their captain pulled his calf today and their striker is unavailable. Doesn't bode well!

Another top performance from the lads yesterday, well taken goals and a decent gate to, hopefully it be the same on Thursday.

As for opinions, everyone is more then welcome to there opinion and people should respect that. Yeah okay you may not agree with the other persons opinion but we are democracy club and therefore we respect each others opinions and don't fall out with each other over them.

This is my opinion, I think some people are a little to harsh on our players at times, yeah okay sometimes they have a bad game but Iensure you that the players try's there best and gives 100% effort each time they pull on an 1874 shirt. Only because they have a bad game or they make one to two mistakes during games doesn't make them a bad footballer does it? I've seen in recent times that a few people are giving stick to Stu Wellstead over his recent performances, well don't forget that Stu has scored a fair few goals for us this season and put in some fantastic performances and we should be thankful to him for that.
imagine if your the player and you come on here only to see that the fans that should be backing you and giving you crap after you give your all week in week out! it's not nice isn't it? you wouldn't like it would you?

Not I know people have there own opinions about the players but lay off them a bit, there trying there best it be nice for us to show them support.

Surprised know has mentioned the Easter Egg's and chocolate's given away at the game,bet no other club did that.Just proves the trouble and thought that goes into our club.

Spot on toddy and I bet no other club have out mince pies at Xmas either, a lovely touch

Surprised know has mentioned the Easter Egg's and chocolate's given away at the game,bet no other club did that.Just proves the trouble and thought that goes into our club.

What a lovely gesture. ...... I assume mine's in the post :rolleyes: ;):D

In reply to the above I'd just like to say what a good game Sakeel had last night. Seemed to ooze a confidence that I haven't seen before and I really wanted to see him take the penalty.
Maybe I've seen him in the wrong games . I'm happy to give praise as well as critisise so well done Sakeel ;)

Back