• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Widnes thread

PREDICTION THAT SUITS MY NERVES
HOLKER 3 FORMBY 2
1874 3 WIDNES 2

Not at the match tonight so wish the lads and the fans all the very best of luck COY1874's

SAT AT HOME SULKING BECAUSE IM WORKING NIGHTS WHEN I REALISE ITS BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY AND A 15:00 HRS KICKOFF.
WHY AM I STILL SAT HERE...LOL

SEE YOU ALL THERE

A comfortable 4-0 win in front of a massive 368 fans.

Rick Bailey with the first after 2 mins after being put clean through by Matty Ward.
Sakeel Abdullah with the 2nd just seconds into the 2nd before Mike Brandon came of the bench to score a brace.

Excellent performance, good crowd. We did everything we could but unfortunately Holker couldn't snatch a goal against formby.

Let's get another win on Thursday!

A comfortable 4-0 win in front of a massive 368 fans.

Rick Bailey with the first after 2 mins after being put clean through by Matty Ward.
Sakeel Abdullah with the 2nd just seconds into the 2nd before Mike Brandon came of the bench to score a brace.
Yes Massive Gate 368 GOAL MACHINE BRANDON ANOTHER 2 goals ........Vics Gate at Cammell Laird 34

Very good performance today, Sakeel was top class and another 2 goals for super Mike Brandon, big week ahead now and lets make sure we get the three points on Thursday and hope Colls we do us a favour, would be great if we have an 1874 invasion next saturday to cheer on Colls.:scarf:

If we win on Thursday, or even get a draw the pressure will be all on Formby on Saturday against a good Colls team who are hurting from a disappointing end to a promising season. Come on '74 and come on Colls!!!

Josh
I was just going to say much the same thing about next week but think you have done it better! Important that we win on Thursday to put pressure on Formby on Saturday. Now, do I make the effort to get back from Hampshire early enough to get to Winsford on Thursday?? Having missed today to come down here maybe I owe it to the club (and me).

Sakeel top class? He scored and managed to scuff one across for a tap in. All about opinions but he doesn't look like a footballer to me.

Sakeel top class? He scored and managed to scuff one across for a tap in. All about opinions but he doesn't look like a footballer to me.

Couldn't disagree more, he's brought so much life to the team.
But as you say - opinions....

From what I've seen of him he can't manage a 5 yard pass most of the time and looks scared ( to say the least ) when he does get the ball.

FFS can we please stop hassling the lads, I think some of the people on here think we are still Vics with over the odds wages that we can't afford. Get a reality check people, we are third and may finish second in our first season in existence, in a great position financially, the two teams above us either pay a lot for their players or have been playing together for a number of seasons. It's up to you, but you could be a bit more grateful for what they have given us this season - IE PRIDE, EXCITEMENT, PASSION AND A BLOODY GOOD START ON THE LADDER.

F**KING RANT OVER:banghead

INCIDENTALLY - SAKEEL - TOP BLOKE, PLAYMAKER AND WILL BE A LEGEND AT THIS CLUB.

Sorry be grateful? We all pay our money and for that fact we can all have an opinion. Be grateful to any player though? There's plenty out there that would love to play for us as we'll probably see next season.

It's a forum, people will discuss individual players, this thread has also had people praising the players and the performance today.

My opinion, great showing from start to finish today, could have been 6 or 8 on another day. Thought Aston marshalled the defence well again. Short didn't do a lot wrong and was unfortunate to get subbed but when you've got someone of Brandons quality on the bench someone has to give way.

Sakeel for me offers an awful lot more than Welstead and i'm glad he got 90 minutes under his belt today. Agree with you Chubbs that he will become a legend for the club and already seems to be a fan favourite.

Obviously I'm in a minority then! Well within a minority of his former clubs supporters who I've spoken to who held the same opinion :)

Back