• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Widnes match information

That’s a thumping.

The failings of this season started in the summer when GoBo failed to address the obvious major problems last season, leaving us in a dreadful position.

The Omens with Damien in charge aren't good, I'll get me coat.

Pretty even for 25 mins.
Then we give a corner away & then give a stupid penalty away

Second half we start badly but begin to pick up.
Then we concede a goal that's so bad it's hard to describe
And then another stupid penalty
And get cut open for a fourth
Then decide to try and match the second goal for bad defending

We need a leader, a moose and two centre halfs & a miracle

After a disastrous summer when the writing was on the wall from last season the only hope we had of avoiding the drop was bringing in an experienced manager at this level. We missed a trick losing out on Neil Baker… he has performed wonders at Newcastle. Feel sorry for DC ….it’s going to be a long few months

At half time was thinking maybe we didn’t deserve to be behind. Played some nice touches in midfield and had 1 or 2 passes through Widnes defence but as usual no end product. Gave Widnes their goal from a poor attempt at a tackle resulting in the penalty.
Second half was a joke. Abysmal defending - embarrassing. No fight.
Only reiterated my opinion we are definitely going to be relegated.
I can see no light at the end of the tunnel. Just not good enough.
Not sure even I can witness much more.

Well that was a joke today were is the fight the Passion and the pride Must be a law somewhere what says 74 can't play with 2 up top really starting to think why do we even bother trying to watch that sh#t now

Wasn't there today so can't comment on performance, the reality is we're likely going down barring something unbelievable turning around for us, however if we do then we just get on with it and come back up again next season and what we don't need is some supporters feeling sorry for themselves and not turning up because that is only going to negatively affect the club financially which will then mean having no club to support, I know its bad this season but we just have to keep going and look to strengthen the club both on and off the pitch as much as possible to give us the best chance of competing in this league when we come back because we will be back

Thought we were the better team today until the penalty and they scored
Didn't come out at all 2nd half and making errors in and around our own area is only going to end one way.
Didn't think widnes were as god as Prescot cables or Chasetown and of we'd performed like we did v those teams we'd have got something out the game.

That’s a thumping.

The failings of this season started in the summer when GoBo failed to address the obvious major problems last season, leaving us in a dreadful position.
Agree, Baffling that some still fail to accept that the position the club finds itself in, is as a direct reflection of Gobo’s failures back half of last season, during the summer and the start of the season combined. Single handedly to blame for the position this club finds itself in at present - for those who will bring out the, Gobo picked up x amount of points in x games stats, we’d be better if they were still here, please stop. Could I or most have seen us picking up results in any of these games with gobo at the helm? Absolutely not, this is where we were heading under their leadership regardless…

Starting to think DC has been handed over a poisoned chalice of sorts. Do I have confidence we things will eventually click? Yes. However, we’re running out of time and points available to rescue us. Next few games are crucial to our season

The current problems lie with the previous management team.

Most of us could see this coming from the second half of the last campaign and the managers didn’t address this in the summer and going into this season.

They should have gone at the end of last season to give a new manager a pre-season to sort things out and maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess now and staring down the barrel of relegation.

Was always going to be difficult for any new manager to come in halfway through the season and try and turn things round. So I do feel for Damian and think he has had his hands tied to a certain extent.

Can you give it a rest please. What are you trying to achieve?
Everyone continuing to blame Bow and Goodie when the results are now directly comparable.

The squad has been completely overhauled, there's hardly any of the players left from under Bow and Goodie and results are worse.

From the sound of the post match interview yesterday, Damian has already offered to quit.

Everyone continuing to blame Bow and Goodie when the results are now directly comparable.

The squad has been completely overhauled, there's hardly any of the players left from under Bow and Goodie and results are worse.

From the sound of the post match interview yesterday, Damian has already offered to quit.
You know they quit right? They weren't sacked.

Every player that's left has either gone lower or is on the bench at our level. That should tell you something.

What we have now individual player wise is 100x better than 6 weeks ago. They're just not clicking together yet. There's still a key centre back slot to sort with Fenton's injury. Other than that we need confidence and that comes with goals.

Constantly shouting about how much better things were when we were 18th instead of 20th is achieving nothing but annoying people.

You know they quit right? They weren't sacked.

Every player that's left has either gone lower or is on the bench at our level. That should tell you something.

What we have now individual player wise is 100x better than 6 weeks ago. They're just not clicking together yet. There's still a key centre back slot to sort with Fenton's injury. Other than that we need confidence and that comes with goals.

Constantly shouting about how much better things were when we were 18th instead of 20th is achieving nothing but annoying people.
People were actively campaigning for them to leave.

Constantly blaming them for where we are achieves nothing and is annoying. I'd rather be 18th than 20th. At least we were picking up points then.

We're all entitled to our opinions and we're allowed to disagree. It is a discussion board after all.

Last edited:

Didn’t hear / see the post match interview. Where was that posted?

Back