• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Who's in your england World Cup team

TimBen1874

Administrator
Jun 24, 2013
Ok this is just for fun but after a few good discussions at work I thought I'd ask on here

The World Cup team is made up of 3 Goalkeepers, 7 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers

My team is

Gk:
Joe hart
Ben foster
Fraser foster

Defenders:
Leighton Baines
Micah Richards
Ashley cole
Glen Johnson
Joeleon lescott
Gary Cahill
Phi jagilka (I have no idea how to spell it)

Midfielders:
Raheem sterling
Steve Gerard
Frank Lampard
Andros Townsend
Jay Rodriguez
Adam Johnson
Phil jones
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Strikers:
Wayne Rooney
Danny welbeck
Rickie lambert
Daniel Sturidge

Last edited:
I'd give him another chance in the team but they aren't a lot of left sided players are there? Either him or downing

Never much fancied Lescott or Welbeck, but then we don't have a huge bank of talent to fall back on.
Maybe space for Oxlade Chamberlain in Walcott's absence?

Whoa I'm actually disgusted with myself for no putting the ox in, he's a great talent and defo will be there, get rid of Carrick and put in oxlaide chamberlain

Welbecks starting to bag them in at old trafford and always does well in an England shirt:)
To be fair welbeck is only in. Y team because there's no one else jumping to mind, I think that Roy will take him and misplace him annoyingly on the left though and I hope not because Johnson is naturally left footed and doing well ATM

My squad would be:

GK:
Joe Hart
Ben Foster
Jack Butland

DEFENDERS:
Leighton Baines
Kyle Walker
Luke Shaw
Micah Richards
Phil Jones
Gary Cahill
Phil Jagielka

MIDFIELDERS:
Adam Lallana
Steven Gerrard
Jack Wilshire
Andros Townsend
Jordan Henderson
Adam Johnson
Michael Carrick
Ross Barkley

STRIKERS:
Wayne Rooney
Danny Welbeck
Mike Brandon ;)
Daniel Sturridge

Last edited:
Wouldn't put Terry in, despite performances under Mourinho (apparently - can't say I've paid much attention, sorry), simply because of the potential disruption (see last time). He's burnt his bridges (no pun intended), and anyway Roy H is not Jose M, and no player is bigger than the team.

Back