• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Whitchurch (A)

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Fantastic win. Not many will go there and come away with points.

Think we’d all have taken 4 points from these last two games.

Nothing but praise for the side tonight against tough physical opponents. Defence was excellent , Tony looked assured in goal, Jonah and Ormrod were solid and I thought Woolley was player of the match for me. With a bit of luck could have had another goal but more than pleased with result and performance. Credit to the players.

Another tough, physical, assured performance against a very good team, as said previously, not many will come away from there with points..... for me Jonah was an absolute rock at the back, with Tony making good saves at critical moments....

Yes a good night and 100% agree with the comments above, decent 74 following as well which must have been at least 100, yes a ground like that would be brilliant.
See you all Saturday.

I was handed a black 1874 woollen hat by one of the Whitchurch gatemen last night. If anybody is missing one let me know and I will bring it to Rylands on Saturday.

Well done to everyone last night, management, players and supporters. It was our club at it's best! Of course the result helped but the support for the lads and the way they responded with a team plagued by injuries etc. was excellent. A good following made quite an impression on Whitchurch.

The game has really been described perfectly above but for me, what a save in the second half from Tony! Also the way we took it to them again after we had scored was excellent. No resting on your laurels for this team many attempts at trying to get a second. They were a very physical team and I thought we dealt with this very well by playing football. A word for young James at the back. Not man of the match for me but once again to come in and give a solid performance was admirable. Tony has to have MoM for the save in the first minute and the second half one.

The pedantic referee should also get a mention. How far is 10 yards?? Lets measure every free kick even though the players are miles away! Anyway at least he got the main decision right. A great finish by Scotty again. Remember a couple of seasons back when there was more chance of us missing penalties than scoring them!!

See everyone on Saturday for hopefully a humdinger of a cup tie!

Sorry Alan I thought the referee was good last night,it's good to see a proper 10yards,not one that looks like it's been measured by a man with no legs,he also made sure throw in's and free kicks were taken from the right place.I also thought he got most of his decision's correct 8 out of 10 for me.

I was handed a black 1874 woollen hat by one of the Whitchurch gatemen last night. If anybody is missing one let me know and I will bring it to Rylands on Saturday.

Back