• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

West Didsbury Match Comments

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Three points in the bag & a great header from Taylor for the winner.
Very impressed with Jack Irlam & Lucas Weir - the future of our midfield?

We still managed to concede a soft goal so still work to be done, but another step in the right direction.

Is Lucas Weir the son of former Everton & Rangers star David Weir?

Considering so many changes it was a good win against a poor side it has to be said.
Taylor Kennerley was excellent and I thought Lucas Weir looked to have promise.
Poor goal though to give away. Keeper should have done better.
Hopefully will instill some confidence for next time.

Taylor and Scotty are both invaluable to us in terms of goals and attacking presence. A good win today. Hopefully we can push on from here now and go on a bit of a run. New signings look like they're starting to make a difference. Just need to cut out the silly errors.

Is Lucas Weir the son of former Everton & Rangers star David Weir?

He has a son called Lucas of about the right age. 17/18?

Lucas's Twitter account photo pretty much confirms it. And makes me feel very old at the same time!

Last edited:
Cherry on the cake for this week.
Great to see 3 points, first time since day 1 we've scored more than 1 in a league game, and that on top of the move it really has been a more positive week.
Well done all ;).

A great header to win a poor game really but certainly deserved the 3 points.

Well done everyone and on to the next.

Get in lads. Deserved win. Good debut for Jack Irlam today, very impressive. Big well done also to Lucas Weir making the step up from the u21s, didnt look out of place at all!

Get in lads. Deserved win. Good debut for Jack Irlam today, very impressive. Big well done also to Lucas Weir making the step up from the u21s, didnt look out of place at all!
The big question is who will get back back in from the missing stags ? Can we change a winning team ?

The big question is who will get back back in from the missing stags ? Can we change a winning team ?
In my opinion, you shouldn’t ever change a winning side unless you have to, but I guess we’ll see????????‍♂️

Same team for me but with Scotty back in, pretty good performance yesterday so well done to all.
See you all saturday

Yes should have mentioned hope Sam is ok.

Last edited:
Same team for me but with Scotty back in, pretty good performance yesterday so well done to all.
See you all saturday

Agreed Phil.... depends on Sam Freakes as to how bad his injury is... but apart from Scott, wouldn't change it (if availability allows!)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back