• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

West didsbury crowd

pdw

Too much time on my hands
Jul 28, 2013
I see didsbury got 250 ish yesterday their gates have risen

There were incentives though. But good luck to them for their ideas. When we have our ground we can more or less do what we like as well.

West Didsburys crowds are sky rocketing thanks to innitiatives and good performances.

Fair play to them.

Don't mention that it was not a good day

Same Council that own Chester FC ground and charge a "peppercorn" rent but choose not to, so what's new !!.

Did the Council know about its availability?

There is only one person responsible for the loss of the VS and we all know who that is.

Like I said a few months ago, it's worth someone from our board contacting their board for advice. That's not a jibe at our board. The group that run WD&C seem a good bunch, I imagine they'd be happy to share what they've done.

I see WD got over 600 today, That is some crowd,
. Just goes to show what can be achieved by a club with their own ground. WD & C are making great strides developing their club within their local community and increasing their support. We will never grow 1874 until we have got our own ground one day in Northwich. My fear is that our support will have dwindled so low by the time we might hope to get our own ground in Northwich in 5 to 10 years time or whenever. Winsford has served its purpose, but we must now really kick on and make some real progress in the next 12 months towards finding a site for our own ground wherever that might be.

Out of interest how is the sub committee progressing on this,maybe one of the members could contact them and pass the advice on to the board?.

Out of interest how is the sub committee progressing on this,maybe one of the members could contact them and pass the advice on to the board?.

For once I'm going to agree with you on here Toddy (first for everything).

As fans and owners it's up to us to raise this with the board - volunteer to take it forward and help get us back where we belong!

I think it would be a great idea to get help, advice and pointers from WD & C as they really are pulling the crowds in. I'd be happy to help in this if I can.

Of course we're always going to suffer not being in Northwich - but we can still pull in big crowds - as BAM proved!

Out of interest, does anyone know if we have another bring a mate game planned?

The sub committee will meet early in the new year. Due to everyone being busy before Christmas we have left it untill then. I will be in touch with all who have expressed an interest re time and venue shortly. Yes, I will be talking to other clubs and have already had conversations with others. We are not alone in this situation.
All ideas are welcome. Anyone with ideas, please email to [email protected]
There is no quick fix, however we will be looking at ways of providing sustainable growth that can be maintained.
Steve Richardson.
Community Development.

The sub committee will meet early in the new year. Due to everyone being busy before Christmas we have left it untill then. I will be in touch with all who have expressed an interest re time and venue shortly. Yes, I will be talking to other clubs and have already had conversations with others. We are not alone in this situation.
All ideas are welcome. Anyone with ideas, please email to [email protected]
There is no quick fix, however we will be looking at ways of providing sustainable growth that can be maintained.
Steve Richardson.
Community Development.

Brilliant Steve. As well as the hard work you and the fellow board members do it's up to us fans / members to get involved and help out and contribute to this.

Thank you for all the hard work you and your fellow board members do - the hard work and dedication really is what makes us such a great club.

Back