• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

West Auckland in the Vase

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Might I suggest we sign a centre half soon?

Two soft goals from set pieces gifting WA the lead.

We huffed & puffed but rarely threatened v their goal.

Ho hum

Don’t agree with some comments that we were the better team. Beaten again by a tough uncompromising team who thoroughly deserved their win imo. We had a bit of bad luck in hitting the post in the first half but West Auckland showed us how to take chances although they were down to poor defending. I know things are tough and messy at present but from what I have seen so far I think the team has gone backwards with the loss of too many good players. We shall see I guess, but I don’t know when !!

Agree Edge, defending not good enough today, they were very direct and hard working and due to a weak ref got away with a lot.
Lots of the ball but they always got a block in, the pen looked soft and 4 1 flattered them.
Really missed jonah and would like to have seen Paul Connor get a game.

And who knows when our next game will be...

Weirdly, felt we were the better team for most of the game. Every goal of theirs came from a defensive effort. Need a “moose” at the back.

Reactions: pdw
We were nowhere near good enough today and got what we deserved so no complaints about that, if it's not blatantly obvious by now that we need another center half then I don't know when it will be as Jack irlam is just out of his depth in that position and also add in the fact that Mitch has been out for so long and it's a disaster waiting to happen imo, Lucas Weir also isn't a number 10 despite his best efforts and I've got no idea why either Jake or Sam Hare weren't playing in that role today with Lucas alongside Woolley in midfield, also during the game I thought that we could have made better substitutions like moving Russy or Hind to CB alongside Mitch and putting Taylor at right or left full back

Weirdly, felt we were the better team for most of the game. Every goal of theirs came from a defensive effort. Need a “moose” at the back.
We’ve been saying this since Meads left. Although no Moose, Jacko was brilliant at centre half last season. We’ve missed him massively.

We were nowhere near good enough today and got what we deserved so no complaints about that, if it's not blatantly obvious by now that we need another center half then I don't know when it will be as Jack irlam is just out of his depth in that position and also add in the fact that Mitch has been out for so long and it's a disaster waiting to happen imo, Lucas Weir also isn't a number 10 despite his best efforts and I've got no idea why either Jake or Sam Hare weren't playing in that role today with Lucas alongside Woolley in midfield, also during the game I thought that we could have made better substitutions like moving Russy or Hind to CB alongside Mitch and putting Taylor at right or left full back
Taylor Kennerley is no full back! Connor was on the bench - a natural full back. Completely baffling

Taylor Kennerley is no full back! Connor was on the bench - a natural full back. Completely baffling
I didn't realise he was on the bench, in that case he should have been an obvious sub to bring on

Paul Conner has always been one of our best defenders and apart from Scotty was nearly always my MoM. I was so happy to get him back but not using him is senseless. I didn't think WA was a better team but I feel they showed they wanted it more. Previous seasons when I left early we would go on to win games but even that isn't working anymore. I hope things will change because its almost unbelievable that we was the top team we were last season. Our belief seems to have deserted us recently.

Reactions: Ben
We were caught out by 2 set pieces and they took their chances and we didn't, simple as that. Yes we had more possession but that doesn't give you a win.

Yes I could have picked a better team, as we all could, but at the end of the day they deserved to win. Although I wouldn't want to watch their blatant disregard for the rules and style of football every week.

See everyone ..............................sometime??

Back