• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Warrington game last night

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
Any thoughts on the game last night folks? What sort of turnout was there?

Vicki has kindly given me a little feedback, but wondered if anyone else would like to share?;)

Tez,it was a hard fought game,Warrington had more of the game and chance's,but 1874 played well and did hit the bar.If it had been a league game I think there would have been several Yellow cards,and maybe a couple of Reds.On the whole 1874 look a useful side.I would say the gate was about 120,with two third's from 1874.

Tez, thought we played pretty well considering the higher standard of opposition. Certainly first half we held our own, Craig Farmworth was outstanding. Second half was a little different with Matt Conkie pulling off a number of great saves to keep us in it, although as with friendlies the number of substitutions disrupted the flow somewhat! As Toddy says, Warrington were not afraid to put themselves about.

Craig 100% man of match, he played very well. Nice summers evening almost identical weather to last year's friendly. Only down side was the fact the chip shop was closed by the bridge which was a highlight last year.

Roll on middllewich game looking forward too it.

Not a bad result considering they gave us a lesson last year, showing some good progression so far, feeling very optimistic about this season, hoping we can have a good cup run and a decent finish in mid table would be perfect for me

One downside to last night, was that Andy Hurst limped off with what looked to be a hamstring injury. Hopefully nothing to serious.

Back