• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

vs Flixton villa

TimBen1874

Administrator
Jun 24, 2013
Is there an update service tonight I can't find a link very excited about this one

Cheers Tim, forgot to post the link when I set it up.

Poor performance, 3 points is 3 points though.

3 points is more valuable than a dazzling display at this stage! And attendance 42 more than at Witton. Double joy!

Very happy with three points! Will take that any day, would like to see the video (if one was done) and have a look at the penalty and the goal, now on the abbey hey game and im thinking we should rest some players have a tricky game away at darwen next week at the same time as formby and Hanley play and we will need to take advantage of any result that comes from that

There was a lot of players missing (rested?) tonight. Asten, Farnworth and Welstead.

I wouldn't be resting anybody on Saturday, on tonight's performance they need the game time....

Thats the fourth time ive seen us play NFV this season. None of them have been pretty. Lots of tension and no small amount of bad feeeling. Lets be thankful for 3pts and move on. COYG

Glad that we got the 4 points. Game wasn't great and I thought that we weren't going to score at all, especially after that penalty miss. On a side note, decent crowd for a cold Tuesday evening :scarf:

To be fair, the pitch is awful! No chance of playing passing football on that and we had to resort to a lot of long ball which suited their two centre halfs to a tea!!
And credit where its due, they hassled us from start to finish and never let us settle to pick a pass.
3 points when you don't play well is always a sign of a good team...well done boys.
Also a note for their manager, took banter, gave it and kept his muppet's on the bench, (one of which threatened to glass the back of someone's head!) under control. I shook his hand and congratulated his lads on their performance..well done sir!!. That's how football matches should be.

Last edited:
Not the best performance tonight but crucially we got the three points and close within a point of Formby.

I actually thought Flixton Villa defied their lowly place in the league and were quite well-organised.

Fair doo's to flixton they raise their game against us, really enjoyed echo the thoughts 3 points is three points. Up the 74's

Very happy with three points! Will take that any day, would like to see the video (if one was done) and have a look at the penalty and the goal, now on the abbey hey game and im thinking we should rest some players have a tricky game away at darwen next week at the same time as formby and Hanley play and we will need to take advantage of any result that comes from that

I'm converting the files now Ted, hopefully have the "highlights" (and I use that term loosely!) uploaded late tomorrow evening - back to work tomorrow:arghh

Many Thanks to Frank for sending me the info (again) by SMS last night as I had no Internet access here in Switzerland. I was checking my phone every few minutes.nothing......then at 22:21 local time 'bleep bleep bleep'....I thought 'On No'.here we go........but was delighted to see '1 Up Thomas'.....I knew there would not be long to go, but then spent another nervous 20 minutes hoping the phone DIDNT go off !

3 points is 3 points.

Destiny is in our hands - and I am sure there will be a few twists and turns over the coming weeks.

Well done boys.......and a great crowd.

It's always been tough games against Villa this season. As others have said, it was the three points that matter more rather than the performance. I posted after the Daisy Hill game that I'd take 1-0 wins for the rest of the season, but watching out for last nights updates was pure purgatory all the same. Job done in the end though.

#destinyisonlytengamesaway

I'll take three wins out of three against Villa, six goals scored and none conceded any day!

The performance last night was as bad as it possibly gets and the only time so far that I could describe watching 74 as almost unbearable, having said that, we somehow got 3 points and that is all that matters at the end of the day, we need to be on top form on Saturday and really put a shift in.

Back