• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vics vs Witton Tonight

In the 1948-49 season at Witton in a 0-0 draw 7,500 watched,in the return game at the Drill Field 11,290 watched Witton beat Vics 2-1.

Oh dear how embarrassing, Yes better crowd than I would have expected but glad vics won in a funny sort of way.

I will confess to having no real feelings either way with the result. Higher attendance than I expected, and given general trends towards apathy with watching local football Witton will doubtless be happy with that figure.

It's healthy for local football that we have 5 non-league teams virtually competing against each other within a 5 mile radius, Barnton's rise is an added bonus. It's a shame Vics are buying wins with dodgy finances and contempt for the people of Northwich the club is supposed to represent.

No shirt sponsor and only one local sponsor in their match day programme, who probably think they're sponsoring 1874 Northwich FC. :rolleyes:

Noticed that some JRFC fans are celebrating Wittons 710 attendance by claiming joint success.

How ironic that JRFC fans now steal another clubs 'CREDIT'....

After being beaten by financially insolvent JRFC, why do Witton fans feel the need to take their frustrations out on 1874?

It beggars belief especially after all those years complaining about Vics buying success and now they have the nerve to have a go at a respected, financially stable and sustainable fan owned football club, in its 3rd season, only one league below.

TWO FACED HYPOCRITES!

Screenshot_2015-09-01-10-29-43-1.png

Screenshot_2015-09-01-10-29-48-1.png

Last edited:
Witton fans thinking wel go bust after seeing a hand full of vics fans yeh nice one.
At the end of the day they have let the vermin back into town and if they don't like they only have themselves to blame....or they could blame there chairman for a change

Maybe they need reminding that 1874 are the only one of the three clubs running at a profit with money in the bank.More than the two others can say they both are in dept.

I think posts like that really show how uncomfortable Witton are with what is happening. They let a cuckoo into their nest and the 'cuckoo's' egg has hatched! They've won the first derby game, are top of the league and as a consequence will get more publicity. A risk for Witton is that WP slowly becomes known as the 'home of NVFC' to the general public on the fringe of local football with a consequence that NV start to attract the new support at W' s expense. No great shakes in the short term but significant for the future.
We all know what happens when a cuckoo hatches - the real family in the nest is pushed out. Witton are one decent NVFC cup run away from being seen as a minor player in the town. Interesting times ahead!
As for the reference to us that's all football banter and half the fun of forums. What goes around comes around and at some time in the future I'm sure we'll have difficulties and be on the receiving end! However, at the moment it's further evidence of mild panic creeping in and needing someone or something to frustratedly kick and I don't think they have a club cat!
We're rich enough, strong enough and big enough to take it and smile. We're ok and we all know it. :scarf:

Apparently all Vics supporters ignored Wittons bucket collection aswell and in a none polite way.

Back