• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

UEFA charges Federations

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36570929

Hungary, Belgium and Portugal join the list of nations that UEFA are getting tough with at the championships. We have had Russian stadium aggression, Croatian in-fighting and flare launching, along with Hungarian firework detonation and a lone Portugeezer pitch invasion to congratulate Ronaldo. All infractions of UEFA regulations to varying degrees and the authorities seek bring the guilty nations to book; fair enough. However the host nation seems to have fallen largely under the radar for some reason. Shouldn't UEFA be asking questions of the French FA and its stadium partners as to WHY some, if not all of these incidents have managed to take place? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but should they not have provided adequate physical segregation at the England versus Russia game; they were apparently forewarned that serious incidents and disruption were a distinct possibility? I'm not particularly familiar with things of a pyrotechnic nature, their availability, the sizes and shapes flares and fireworks come in, but I'd be surprised if they can be secreted about ones person very easily? In the case of the Hungarians, fireworks were an issue at two separate games. So how did these fans manage to get these potentially lethal items inside a the stadia of a major sporting event;we would after all struggle to get a four pack of beer through the turnstiles of Lords, Trent Bridge or Wembley?!!

Adequate security is sadly lacking it would appear, but UEFA seemed have overlooked the fact that the host nation must share some of the culpability. Thoughts?

Adequate security is sadly lacking it would appear, but UEFA seemed have overlooked the fact that the host nation must share some of the culpability. Thoughts?
Tez, can't agree more. The stewarding/policing of the stadiums in this tournament so far has been disgraceful. The French seem to do their own thing and get away with it.
Once went to a Speedway Grand Prix meeting in Germany and the Poles certainly weren't getting in with their flares which they have at every Polish meeting. It wasn't very popular but it was enforced impeccably.

"The French seem to do their own thing and get away with it."

Probably all down to some regulation passed by the faceless bureaucrats in Brussels that we voted against but were outvoted on (again!!). ;););)

It's even worse when you think about the massive terror threat there is in France at the moment and in particular this tournament. If they really have upped the security measures, how are there so many flares and firecrackers getting through the turnstiles?

If they can get flares and firecrackers through security, then god help us if and when something more lethal gets into the grounds.

Back