• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tonight's attendance?

Is this a little worrying seeing that the attendance is lower than the business plan level?

I don't know the financial plan assumptions but I imagine that the seasons average attendances, income generation and donations are significantly ahead of expectations.

Also don't forget only season ticket holders present are counted.
As Peter says income generation may well be ahead - the 50-50 was £100 and Golden Goals sell out each week

Is this a little worrying seeing that the attendance is lower than the business plan level?

Maybe, although wasn't the business plan level 200?

Having said that, there are a couple of factors that affected the crowd. It was mid-week game, so naturally it was going to be lower. I think the game being re-arranged once or twice doesn't help, same with the BAMD2 being re-arranged a couple of times. Also, we've got 6 home games this month, so I think some people are possibly in the position where they have to pick their games to go to. I am, to some extent in this position because I am not able to drive with a broken hand and would need someone else to take me there, which kind of brings me on to some people just not being able to have the time to get to all the home games.

Whilst our crowd of 215 was the lowest at the BS this season, it is in the last month of the season which I think is good when the budgeting for this club would have been based on that sort of attendance to start off with.

It most certainly is not lower than the BP level as that is below 200 average for our first season and we are well above that. I do wish that some people would have a bit more optimism about our club, given all the crap we have been fed previously in another incarnation and given that we are having to rebuild our reputation as a viable concern. Maybe some could help with a little more than their "constructive" criticism?
It is very easy to stand at the sides and say we should be getting more through the turnstiles, but why not actually approach you approachable board and suggest some ideas for bums on seats? Personally, I think they are doing as well as the team are, tell half the clubs in the Evostick what "crap" attendances we are getting and they would be incredulous at your suggestion. Get real.

Also the 200+ club must be providing a good regular income for the club. Thinking about it Tinpot we must be significantly ahead of expectations. Agree we can't be complacent but there is a real determination and commitment to make this club work financially and on the field. You know the money you give goes 100% to the club

Reactions: Tez
Regardless of whether income is above or below expectation, I believe that we have a board and treasurer who will ensure that this club operates within its means and prospers. Some people need to remember where we started from. I understand that on field success fuels expectation of bigger and better, however we all know where reckless spending leads to. Just look at what is happening around non league football. This club will prosper due to the prudence and dedication of people who care, not someone out to make a quick buck.
All of us need to try and play a part in improving match day experiences in whatever way we can. Any ideas to improve the fan base, no matter how trivial will be listened to. It is all our club and we all have a part to play in its future.
Remember you have the opportunity to be an owner, not just a customer.

I'd say not - not for a single match - whatever level is set in the BP. The business plan should be viewed across the whole season. Peaks and troughs. And we are well above the line I feel. If over 200 turn out for a home game against what on paper is a fairly lowly club in the league after having turned out in large numbers for two games the previous four days and with another game on Saturday, while they could watch Zlatan and co on the telly in the warmth, then I'm happy.

I personally see every game as bring a mate day and they love it. I can't come too the game this Saturday but my mates still can!

Also the 200+ club must be providing a good regular income for the club. Thinking about it Tinpot we must be significantly ahead of expectations. Agree we can't be complacent but there is a real determination and commitment to make this club work financially and on the field. You know the money you give goes 100% to the club

Agreed we shouldn't get complacent or rest on our laurels as a club. We've come a long way in our first season and (even if the season stopped right now) we've achieved a great deal, something we shouldn't lose sight of. Obviously next season, whichever league we find ourselves in, is about both maintaining and increasing that momentum on and off the field; which incidentally is something I think we're more than capable of doing.

One comment that sticks in my mind about running a football club came from Rushe when he said "They'll find out how difficult it is to run a football club" or words to that affect. He was most definitely right about that and I'm sure all on the board will agree that its been a steep learning curve for everyone involved.

However the biggest achievement and a slap in the face for Rushe is the fact that we've achieved all this and more by rebuilding the local community and business bridges that he destroyed whilst still showing a healthy profit after paying all our bills up front, with no debt, running OUR club in a financially stable, sustainable and respectable manner.

Back