• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Today v charnock

pdw

Too much time on my hands
Jul 28, 2013
Thought we did ok today and deserved the win
Good to see over 200 in as well
See you monday

2 good goals with first class assists from Kaz and Kyle.

I do not understand how we got 2 bookings today or the number at their ground when you consider the number of niggling fouls they performed in both games. Their no 11 was a bit better today than there but the no 7 brought down at least 3 of our players, incl Ben who had to go off at half time as a result and never even got spoken to. On the other hand Grimshaw is a class act when he gets near goal and took his goal excellently.

Thats the sort of player we need to go for in the close season

A good win. Grimshaw apart, I thought they were very ordinary but at this stage of the season it's hard to tell what the true state of the opposition was.
Think I'd rather play drums for Spinal Tap than be our left back at the moment.

Kyle looks so much better when he's got players closer to him than alone up top. Can you play the pair together in a 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 I don't know?

Kyle looks so much better when he's got players closer to him than alone up top. Can you play the pair together in a 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 I don't know?

3-5-2 that solves the left back crisis too

2 good goals with first class assists from Kaz and Kyle.

I do not understand how we got 2 bookings today or the number at their ground when you consider the number of niggling fouls they performed in both games. Their no 11 was a bit better today than there but the no 7 brought down at least 3 of our players, incl Ben who had to go off at half time as a result and never even got spoken to. On the other hand Grimshaw is a class act when he gets near goal and took his goal excellently.
Apart from the one he missed from 5 yards...

Grimshaw would be a good signing for us

Assuming he was interested in moving on from Charnock in the first place, I would guess the first issue would be travelling time; presume he is based in West Lancs?

Would he work well with Scotty though? I reckon they'd both be selfish with the ball and try and out do each other which wouldn't help the team, what we need is someone whose job primarily is to set up Scott (Kyle can do this given the game time)

I'd have Grimshaw if at all possible. Imagine him up front with Scotty, 84 goals between them this season!

Cairns, Cox, Stair, Bailey and maybe Matthews at Vics would be all great signings.

Decent performance from us yesterday and not a bad crowd considering how many games we've played and the fact we don't have that much to play for. Most of our games coming up are against bottom-half sides, so a chance for us to finish strongly and as high up the league as possible.

Yes Salah would make a great signing too ;) That isn’t going to happen and neither are the names mentioned above in the thread.
Just throwing a few names in the hat and why won't they happen? To get out of this league we need the best players and those on my list are all the top forwards. Otherwise we look to players who may join us from higher leagues, lower level teams in our league or leagues below.

Reactions: ste
Back