• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

This cannot happen can it?

The sad thing is Brian, think of where Vics were 10 years ago and where Fleetwood and Fylde were :eek::eek:

Correct that's fine but when they go you are stuffed as above r & d are a good example

Correct that's fine but when they go you are stuffed as above r & d are a good example
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in the case of Diamonds, Max Griggs ran the club commercially on and off the field reasonably well. The problems arose when he decided to hang up his wallet and Chairman's hat and others couldn't carry off the same job to the same standard, leaving the club wide open to falling into the wrong hands. The rest is history.

I'm not entirely sure either but I think Max Griggs did run it well but propped up with his riches. He decided to pull the plug and handed the club to a fans group along with £750,000. They blew the money and lost Nene Park into the bargain. Other clubs such as Fleetwood, AFC Fylde, Billericay and Shaw Lane similarly propped up may well be doomed in the long run too!

Back