• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The Alsager programme

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
Must admit, being a bit of a stat to fan, I really enjoyed the match programme from last night.
Loads of info, league table, results table, upcoming fixtures, latest results, players appearances/goals and even a mileage to the other grounds and rough travelling time table!.
I doubt tables and results are copyrighted otherwise how can alsager reproduce them?
Any chance we could add some things like this to our programme instead of just adverts.
I know, before anyone says, adverts make us money, but I would like a bit more readable material for my half time break if poss.

Some good points there Blackie, maybe Brian could get you a copy of the survey.
Just one question where did you find the time to read the programme, every time I saw you, you were shoveling pie and mushy peas down your throat ;)

I keep the stats for the programme and several are available:
League table and match centre are in every programme. In addition I have a results table, attendance table, a separate record of player appearances, a goals table (shows times of all nwcl goals for each club in 5 min blocks) and have started an archive that can be cross referenced to record every game played, including friendlies, plus every player appearing for us with the exception of friendlies. Different info can be extracted from all the above for the purpose of slanting the info for a particular game.
Andy Dignum, the programme editor, chooses what goes in so suggest people e-mail him saying what they would like to see. AND filling in the fans survey would help. Brian is sending these out and if you haven't got one I think it can be sent over the internet.

Some good points there Blackie, maybe Brian could get you a copy of the survey.
Just one question where did you find the time to read the programme, every time I saw you, you were shoveling pie and mushy peas down your throat ;)
Ambidextrous

Last edited:
Haven't had one yet tony
Yes, good proggy and good read.

FYI, in last saturday's programme, Andy D was asking fans and members to provide suggestions as to how we might improve the mag as well as asking for contributions.

I've alwaays found that programmes with a high level of contribution from the fans are often the best, so given the talen that I know we have in our fan base, surely there are many of you just itching to pen a literary masterpiece!

Re the survey Mention of this was included in the Newsletter dated 18 July and 190 survey forms were mailed out that week to those people we had e-mail contacts for. If you didn't get yours, then I'd suggest that either we haven't got your most up to date mail address (this may be our fault - we're not infallable!) or maybe it was treated as Spam by your ISP. Paper copies were available at the FCUM game from Jack's programme cabin or the club shop. I think that we still have some left so if you want to pick one up suggest you pop in on Sunday if you can make it to the game. Alternatively, I'm sure that Brian will mail you one if you let him know which address you'd like it sending to (suggest that you do so via a PM).

This advice applies to all fans / members who haven't so far completed a surbey form. It's your club guys and gals and the only way that we can improve things and take into account what you want us to do on your behalf is to tell us what you think!

Back