• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Stu Welstead and Connor Tagoe

josh89

Too much time on my hands
Jul 27, 2013
I've only just read the manager's update on this weeks newsletter and heard that the two players who are moving on are Stuart Welstead and Connor Tagoe, I think that this is a huge shame because I thought that they both had a lot to offer the team. Unfortunately we didn't get to see much of Connor in an 1874 shirt but he is a young lad with hopefully a big future, Stu Welstead I am gutted has left because he was always one of the first players that you could see giving 200% for the club and I really hope to see him playing for us again one day.

Shame about Stu, but we all know Ian will have many, many other options in the coming weeks. His phone has been hotter than a chicken vindaloo that has been in the microwave for 5 hours! Players will always come and go, but I have to say one thing. Ian must be an excellent boss to work for to have had all but 2 players sign on for next season BEFORE our "promotion"

To be honest not too bothered about either. I think the players Ian has in mind will be better quality.
Connor was mainly a bit part player anyway, and Stuart certainly didn't give 200% in many games I watched especially nearing the end of season. Thought he had a tendancy to overdo it a lot instead of just getting the cross in. o_O
But that's just my opinion. If we all agreed we wouldn't need a forum!!!!

Last edited:
Best of luck to both players moving on. Wish them success. History will record that they were both part of what was achieved in our first season and I am grateful to them for their contributions. Players will come and go however if they have pulled on the Green shirt ( or white, or claret! ) then they will always be part of us.

Connor has just signed for Barnton

Back