• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squires Gate

We will be up there at the end of the season I'm 100% sure about that, nobody is going to run away with the league this year its far too tight

Just watched the highlights, shows exactly what luck we had....none!
Lucky bounces and richocets for the first three of their goals, and the fourth just caught on the break looking for a consolation.
At the other end diddly squat ran for us!
It's the way it goes some games.
Hopefully Lady Luck back with us Tuesday!

Lucky bounces and richocets for the first three of their goals, and the fourth just caught on the break looking for a consolation.
I was thinking similar Blackie. After watching them back you can see the high number of chances we had, that being said, Squires Gate defended very well and their keeper made some superb saves.

Bring on New Mills, we go again...

Blackie - Squires Gate thoroughly deserved their win as they did a job on us and we didn't match them with a similar intensity - which was the most disappointing aspect of our play. If we are going to win this league, then given that there is little in the way of a margin of error, we must be on our game, week in, week out . End of. And we must learn this now or, as happened last season, we will be chasing everyone else come the end of September.

But I would also agree with you that we didn't have one iota of luck yesterday at either end of the pitch. I was at my wits end at several times during the game regarding this. In fact, I reckon that during the match, Matty Russell won five or six headers that went onto cannon onto an opposition player and then back onto him for a throw-in. Likewise the times the ball bounced in the box after a corner, free kick or cross from us, only for it to fall to a blue shirt. Grrrr.....

Here's where I stand. The performance was similar to the Barnton at home. The big difference was that Squires Gate are a good team who played to their strengths whereas Barnton offered nothing. They contained us well and broke very well to score good goals. Yes we were unlucky on many occasions but we did contribute to our own downfall by our shape and giving the ball away too much. Chasing the game is never easy so we have to be on it from the start.

That said there wasn't too much wrong and I am sure we can easily rectify this tomorrow night.

Squires got a draw at Atherton Colls tonight so shows they are no mugs!

Just got home from there, it was a thoroughly deserved point too. If they hadn't gifted Colls with a free goal through an awful backpass they could even have got more!

And they turned Maltby Main over in the cup. Great start to the season for them.

With more accurate finishing from 74 the game could have been over by half time, but it wasn't so tonight the games start in earnest !!.

Back