• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squires Gate

They had a game plan and it worked. Everything went for them and we didn't do enough to get back into it once we went down.

Move on quickly.

Well that is officially the worse I've seen us play....ever.
As I've said before, quality players but playing like strangers!!.
Didn't create enough chances and wasted those we did. Squires put away virtually every chance they had!.
Big gap in midfield second half which let squires through over and over again.
Mitch and Danny not working as a central pair for me.
It's no good having quality if your going to let the opposition bully and hassle you like today, and squires did that from start to finish to their credit.
Big test tues as to how we bounce back from this.

Let's hope we learn by it, probably come at the right time...
I'm not saying that after the pre season and early cup and league win that we take the games for granted, but this should be a warning.
go out Tues night boys and show us what you are capable of and enjoy it.

long season ahead ...

We won't be the only team that Squires Gate take points off this season. They worked hard and deserved their win.

Move on and put it right on Tuesday.

Its hard to believe we can play like we obviously did today after the confidence we should of taken from the second half vs Congleton but with all the new players that we brought in it is going to take time for that to click, the problem is that in this league you don't have too much time before your out of the race for the title so we need to get a grip very quickly.

1. I wasn't at the game yesterday but sometimes you just have to give the opposition some credit for putting on a performance. Better now to get this bad result out of the way rather that have it at the end of the season when hopefully we will still be challenging for top spot. A mark of a good team is how they react to a bad result in the next game. I will watch with interest the next game result from afar in Turkey. Keep the faith. Gaz

I don't think we were awful,we played a team who got 10 men in the box every time we got a free kick or corner,who broke away very quickly and at times caught our defense out on a number of times.If you look at the game,we should have had a pen very early on,we had two clear chance's before they even got in our half,they scored a great goal the first time they got in our box,the referee thought the game was all about him,blowing his whistle at every tiny contact.In the second half we scored what should be consider for the goal of the season,then we conceded another great goal,we then pushed forward and their keeper made three fine saves,the inevitable happened they broke away and scored twice.The effort from the team was first rate but the did become frustrated and so errors occurred.You have to take results like this on the chin (remember last season Colne lost 6-0 early on)so give the lads a chance to put things right I'm sure they will.

I don't think we were awful,we played a team who got 10 men in the box every time we got a free kick or corner,who broke away very quickly and at times caught our defense out on a number of times.If you look at the game,we should have had a pen very early on,we had two clear chance's before they even got in our half,they scored a great goal the first time they got in our box,the referee thought the game was all about him,blowing his whistle at every tiny contact.In the second half we scored what should be consider for the goal of the season,then we conceded another great goal,we then pushed forward and their keeper made three fine saves,the inevitable happened they broke away and scored twice.The effort from the team was first rate but the did become frustrated and so errors occurred.You have to take results like this on the chin (remember last season Colne lost 6-0 early on)so give the lads a chance to put things right I'm sure they will.
Don't forget that the referee's performance was not helped by mystifying assistant decisions when Paul Connor was blatantly obstructed (1st half) and Sheldon was adjudged to have allowed the ball to have gone out for a throw in for Squires Gate (2nd half). I know that each decision was relatively minor but, they were easy decisions to get right and one can see that players are affected sometimes with a feeling that the officials have "got it in for us".

Toddy, that is a pretty good and fair summing up. Those 3 saves made their goalie man of the match for me! However, I am concerned about our defence and how easily we give the ball away in dangerous conditions. I don't think any of the 3 substitutions really worked yesterday and we did appear to be very weak down the right hand side after them (although I was on the left side at the time).

Back