• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squad 16/17

driftwood

Sep 21, 2013
Any news on players signed up for the new season yet.....
Thanks in advance...

Driftwood, there will be an update on players soon on the website, however, like Mark said registrations don't start until July 1st and the lads are back in training Saturday 18th June.

I understand that...
I also understand that doesn't stop deals being done until then..

I understand that...
I also understand that doesn't stop deals being done until then..
Also doesn't stop other clubs coming along and making better deals before you get the chance to lodge the registration if made public either, to be fair. ;)

I don't doubt Streety has been busy talking to (existing and prospective) players and securing agreements (in principle) to register with us, just that he's keeping his (and 1874's) cards close to the chest. I accept that other clubs may be busy making announcements, but in most cases these are either pre-contract agreements or clubs are being optimistic (possibly with just cause in some cases) about players being as good as their word and signing on the dotted line of the registration form.

I'm not saying it isn't frustrating, but it's the understandable way we go about doing our "business" as a club :cool:

Also doesn't stop other clubs coming along and making better deals before you get the chance to lodge the registration if made public either, to be fair. ;)

I don't doubt Streety has been busy talking to (existing and prospective) players and securing agreements (in principle) to register with us, just that he's keeping his (and 1874's) cards close to the chest. I accept that other clubs may be busy making announcements, but in most cases these are either pre-contract agreements or clubs are being optimistic (possibly with just cause in some cases) about players being as good as their word and signing on the dotted line of the registration form.

I'm not saying it isn't frustrating, but it's the understandable way we go about doing our "business" as a club :cool:

Couldn't have put it better myself Tez!!

As soon as we get signatures on forms, we will let everyone know. We are committed to being better at communicating player news, profile information and regular updates throughout the season, in fact work has already commenced to be ready to move on this!!

Back