• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

SO WHO HAS LEFT THE CLUB?

Pete

I Live Here
Jul 27, 2013
I can find no reference to any player leaving on the official site and there is not a mention in the newsletter but the other thread on this topic suggests it is ' the better players'? I don't use social media (I'm a dinosaur in that area) so is it serious?
Has anyone really gone or is it just a rumour?

The only official departure is Craig Farnworth who has joined Daisy Hill.

That's the only fact.
He might just have gone there to get some match time though - a bit like Joe at Atherton LR.

Saki has also left - that's come from Saki himself & I think Rick Bailey has as well.

As no one is contracted I guess we don't get any official confirmation until they register with another club

I can't find the words for what a bad decision it is to let them 3 players go. :arghh:mad:

All 3 haven't been regulars this term.

Saki struggled to get to training & matches as he doesn't drive so it's hard to justify him been given a place ahead players that are being coached by Ian.

Neil Chappel is very similar to Rick, but in my eyes a better player and with the form of Woolley & Jones it was hard to see him getting a regular place.

Craig struggled at the start of the season, but I'm a little surprised to see him go. We've lacked cover at times with Mike Aston being injured & Danny facing suspension.
Although Kevin McGrath sounds like an improvement.

So while it's sad to see popular players go I think we're a much stronger squad now.

Totally agree edge bailey was a better player than chappel but there may be another reason he left that we are not privy too

I'd just like answers either way, but as Vicky said I'm sure we will get them at some point

Im sorry, but I disagree 100%, Rick Bailey had an amazing work rate when on the pitch for us, and chipped in with a few goals, but this season seemed less effective on the field, probably due to Matt Woolley's improved performances and the changes of formation...

Neil Chappell, is the all time top goalscorer from midfield for Maine Road, an amazing feat, hes every where on the pitch and never stops, for me Chappell edges it, just finding his feet in our side at the minute

As I said on the other thread, our Manager will give his thoughts through his regular communication to us at some point. Most of the time, Twitter and Facebook beat us to the latest news!

In some cases, players will only leave on a temporary basis and may once again, wear our badge. That has happened already. Other moves are permanent.

It is clear from the comments on here and other sites, that Rick, Craig & Sakeel are held in such high regard and quite rightly so. Great players, great lads.

Our Manager is constantly striving to make us better, stronger, harder to beat. He may bring fresh faces in, he may show patience and wait for current players to regain fitness and form. He has a difficult task in my eyes, as he has a great squad and can't select them all.

But he's not doing too bad of a job so far, is he?!

No can't argue so far, See you all tomorrow.
Chappell definately the real deal for me.

Chappell's brought something to the midfield that we didn't quite get with Bailey.

In my opinion I would have preferred to see Lee Jones go and Bailey kept on, but it is Ian's decision and in his defence, he seems to make the right decision more times than not.

Chappell is head an shoulders above them both in all ways, a real class act.

I just think Bailey was a better all round footballer. Chappell gives it away a lot in comparison.

I think we are bringing in replacements that are not as good as the players who are leaving for them. Chappell see bailey, sakeel see Tandy, Farnworth see McGrath??? Time will tell

Sakeel see Tandy ???? Tandy is left side and sakeel was more right wing!! Lastest right winger in was Connors.

I wish all three players who left the club well for the future. They have all contributed to the success of 1874, especially last season.
However, none of them were getting in the first team squad. The team which has now gone eight games unbeaten did not feature any of them starting. Chappell is a class act and a better player IMO than Bailey and I've not seen McGrath but he has a good pedigree judging by the sides he has played for in the past.
Still undecided on Tandy currently but then he's not a replacement for Sakky, Connors is and he's better in my mind. I believe the current squad we have is a stronger one than last season with strength and depth as well. As clubs progress, players come and go.

Last edited:
Back