• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Silsden Game Tonight

matthew james hardy

Too much time on my hands
Aug 14, 2013
Couldn't make the game tonight sounded very poor game a 2-1 defeat which none of us predicted on the bright side noticed Beadles goal was his 34th of the season and now is top scorer in the NWC bloody Brillant at any level of football so big well done to Beads!:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Spot on Matt and we need three more points from our last three games to secure 4th spot and another top four finish. I think we would have taken that and a cup win against Witton in their own back yard at the start of the season.:scarf:

Absolutely said top 4 finish would do me and we've won our first trophy this season another fantastic season on the pitch and progress being made off it I'm sure what a wonderful club we have.:)

I was at the game tonight and filmed it Chris. Mark has taken my SD card and is going to pass it on to you for editing.

Spot on Matt and we need three more points from our last three games to secure 4th spot and another top four finish. I think we would have taken that and a cup win against Witton in their own back yard at the start of the season.:scarf:
Congleton have to play Colls away this Saturday, so hopefully they former will do the business. But if we beat Blackpool (won't be easy as they are fighting for their Premier Division life) then the result of this game will be of no relevance.

Just got back....... Won't be many highlights to edit! As a team we Didnt turn up first half, however better second half, but sillsden were up for it scrapping for everything.... Some strange decisions by the officials who lost it towards the end..... Be another tough game on Saturday with a team scrapping for survival!

What a first half Silsden put in, played excellant football which made us look second best and were. They knew what was needed for surrvival and got on with the game. Officials !, no comment.

I don't know what I am doing! Frank got it right, they were good in the first half, not only scoring the 2 goals but also testing Greg's fists with a really good free kick. We were better in the second half, but not brilliant. However, we did have a strange line up with Stuart W at left back. I thought we looked better when Jack Wooley came on but by then it was too late.
How a referee can overrule a linesman on an off side decision when he is 20 yards or so behind the ball I do not know. I got a tad annoyed with the other liner who gave us off side directly in front of where I was standing. But the ref completely lost it towards the end of the game, which although not particularly physical, boiled over for some reason I did not see.

To be fair, think our season ended at witton. We are going no higher than we are, players are tired, think this is 5th game in 11 days so looks like end of season can't come quick enough for most.
Lads have done fantastic, got that first trophy and another good finish. Mission accomplished this season.
Given this and injuries and suspensions it would be harsh for anyone to have a go at a few poor results!

5th game in 11 days

By my calcs Blackie, 8th game in 19 days!
Can you imagine the whinging that would come from the pampered players in the Premiership and full-time clubs if they had to undergo such a schedule?
And they haven't got their main jobs to fulfill as well as personal and family commitments too - never mind receiving little if bugger all cash in recompense!
So hats off to our players and those of the many other clubs at semi-pro level who turn out for the love of the game.

Back