• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Saturday

I said after the Leek away game that we'd just been beaten by the league winners. They're a machine this season. More one sided than Macclesfield last year.

We appear to be sleep walking to relegation, a massive week, the champions in waiting then the biggest game of our season. Can’t for the life of me understand why we haven’t used this time to get someone at the wheel and take a “bookies gamble”.

I'm a little confused. In the wake of the short-lived tenure of our recent manager, the 1874 Board were criticised for making his appointment too quickly and now they are being criticised for taking their time and not acting quickly enough. Personally, irrespective of the mathematics I think that we are already relegated and I think that we should keep the two lads in charge until the end of the season and then start looking for a new manager that will fit into our new status. The existing Board have my full backing whatever their decisions.

Believe it just feels like we've given up Tony. I'd be more happy to see someone come in and make a fist of keeping us up. With respect to the 2 lads, they aren't and don't believe would consider themselves as managers. Waiting to me alludes to we have given up!

People seem to be assuming that we will have a massive list of people clamoring to step in.
Our stock has decreased significantly since November and I'm guessing that the new applicants will reflect that.

Why should we rush into appointing a potentially sub par replacement, when we have looked better in the past two games? We missed open goals at crucial points of both games - at 0-0 vs CoL & at 2-1 down vs Vauxhall.

We're playing better than at any point under Damian. With Hanley being called off, we've had an extra week to prepare. Jonah and Matty are part of 1874, they aren't just going to give up without a fight.

Last edited:
We appear to be sleep walking to relegation, a massive week, the champions in waiting then the biggest game of our season. Can’t for the life of me understand why we haven’t used this time to get someone at the wheel and take a “bookies gamble”.
If it was as easy as that we would have done it, as I've said before it's almost impossible to get anyone with any kind of decent track record to take us on now in our current situation, Jonah and wooll will give it everything but we are 99% going to get relegated and we need to accept that and prepare for next season probably in the midlands league 🤷

You've made 47 posts and every single one has been about the managers job, none of them about a game.

Please stop. It's pretty obvious what your motive is.

As people previously mentioned above which manager with a decent track record at this level would consider coming into a situation where the reality is the club is pretty much already relegated baring an miracle escape?

In my personal opinion the board needs to look towards next season & the long term future in mind when appointing the next manager.

Perhaps someone who has midlands league experience/knowledge or at least someone who has good links down towards the midlands clubs.

Maybe if it’s possible hire someone who has good links with clubs such as Crewe Alex, Port Vale, Stoke City etc so we could get one to two loan players in or pick up a few youth players who didn’t make the grade for a pro contract.

Looking at the table we’re still only six points behind Hednesford and they keep on losing also. Beat them and win our game in hand and theoretically we could go level and second from bottom very well could keep us up.

Problem is we don’t look like winning a game right now and haven’t done since October, so it would seem the odds are against us.

However, it’s not over until it’s mathematically impossible so we should obviously keep fighting with still ten games to play.

Looking at the table we’re still only six points behind Hednesford and they keep on losing also. Beat them and win our game in hand and theoretically we could go level and second from bottom very well could keep us up.

Problem is we don’t look like winning a game right now and haven’t done since October, so it would seem the odds are against us.

However, it’s not over until it’s mathematically impossible so we should obviously keep fighting with still ten games to play.
Which was my point

Hednesford’s run in is tough. Other than us and Vauxhall they mostly play top 8 clubs.

Of course, doesn’t matter a hoot if we don’t start to win games!

Back