• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Saturday

Before I cross the Rubicon, is there any news of possible postponement for a waterlogged pitch or is the sun shining in Barnton ?

It's not been too bad the last couple of days so hopefully it's going to be ok.
But the ground is still very wet

May be a blessing if it is off......means they come midweek and forces travel so hopefully they have people at work...

Not for me Gazza as I've now completed 200 miles of the journey. But as Captain Mainwaring noted it would be a typical shabby trick for the opposition to see it postponed just when 1874 have a silver bullet in the barrel.

Oh dear - message arrived 5 minutes after I left for the ground. (I have no smartphone.)
Arrived at 2.45 - Marie Celeste job so I went to check it was postponed and got shot blasted with hail for my trouble.
Still the silver bullet will be available for next time in April

I went to watch Leek Town Vs Runcorn Linnets after our game was postponed & I have to say Leek are an incredible side, they’re a tough physical well drilled team.
They bullied Runcorn Linnets today & I dread to think what they will do to us next weekend.

Oh dear - message arrived 5 minutes after I left for the ground. (I have no smartphone.)
Arrived at 2.45 - Marie Celeste job so I went to check it was postponed and got shot blasted with hail for my trouble.
Still the silver bullet will be available for next time in April
That's such a shame that you travelled!

Hopefully the weather will be more settled when you next visit. If you want to double check, 07975679624, I'll be on the end of the phone and can let you know whether to set out or not :D:scarf:

I went to watch Leek Town Vs Runcorn Linnets after our game was postponed & I have to say Leek are an incredible side, they’re a tough physical well drilled team.
They bullied Runcorn Linnets today & I dread to think what they will do to us next weekend.
Well given our form, albeit we want the points, it’s kind of a free hit with everyone expecting the worse. Maybe dig in and try and grind out a point is the best tactic 🤔🤷‍♂️

Yes Leek are a good organised side. The front two are excellent.
I still say the best side I've seen performance wise at Witton this season is Clitheroe yet they've not had a good year.

Yes Leek are a good organised side. The front two are excellent.
I still say the best side I've seen performance wise at Witton this season is Clitheroe yet they've not had a good year.
Yes would be between Leek and Clitheroe for me. Virtually all the rest have been mediocre at best - apart from us! 😉😂💚🖤💚🖤

Hopefully the board will act and have us a new manager to help navigate a very tricky fixture.

Back