• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Saturday at Trafford

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Info on Trafford.

ClubTrafford
Game DateSaturday 20th November
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressShawe View, Pennybridge Lane, Flixton, M41 5DL
Home coloursWhite shirts, shorts and socks
DirectionsSeveral but easiest is A556, M56, M60 clockwise to J9. At roundabout take 1st exit B5158 Urmston. After Texaco garage on right enter roundabout and take 2nd exit, Trafford General Hospital. At roundabout, Hayeswater Circle, take 2nd exit Hayeswater Rd. At T junction turn right into Moorside Road. At roundabout (Flixton Academy / Curzon), take 2nd exit Bowfell Rd. At lights turn left into Flixton Road (Bird in hand pub on right). Immediately after pub turn right into Pennybridge Lane. Car park is at the bottom on the left.
Parking facilitiesLarge 200 place car park adjacent to the ground
Railway stationChassen Road is nearest. Flixton and Urmston are both about 1mile from ground.
Admission PricesAdult £9, Concessions £6, Under 16’s £2. Payment by cash or card
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsVia the pass gate next to the turnstiles.
Ramp access to the clubhouse and toilets
CarersFree
Food at groundTea Bar serving pies, burgers, hot dogs plus hot & cold drinks
Drinks at groundClubhouse serving draught beer, lager & cider plus bottled beers & cans plus a groundside can bar.
Are dogs allowedYes, on a lead
Local pubsChassen Rd: Bird I th’ hand is the nearest and now apparently has 2 real ales on tap. Flixton Cons Club (club of year 2018) M41 0TZ (would need to sign in), Brew Chimp M41 9FD, Roebuck (Holts) M41 6HD. Note that there is another Brew Chimp by Flixton Station M41 6QT! This is the one James is aiming for - see next comment
Urmston: Barking Dog M41 9AB, Prairie Schooner Taphouse M41 5AW (looks interesting and recommended),, Lord Nelson (Holts) M41 9LG.
Local places of interestTrafford Centre M17 8AA Old Trafford - Manchester United FC M16 0RA Imperial War Museum M17 1TZ
AcknowledgementsGraham Foxall (Trafford FC);

Last edited:
Info on Trafford.

ClubTrafford
Game DateSaturday 20th November
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressShawe View, Pennybridge Lane, Flixton, M41 5DL
Home coloursWhite shirts, shorts and socks
DirectionsSeveral but easiest is A556, M56, M60 clockwise to J9. At roundabout take 1st exit B5158 Urmston. After Texaco garage on right enter roundabout and take 2nd exit, Trafford General Hospital. At roundabout, Hayeswater Circle, take 2nd exit Hayeswater Rd. At T junction turn right into Moorside Road. At roundabout (Flixton Academy / Curzon), take 2nd exit Bowfell Rd. At lights turn left into Flixton Road (Bird in hand pub on right). Immediately after pub turn right into Pennybridge Lane. Car park is at the bottom on the left.
Parking facilitiesLarge 200 place car park adjacent to the ground
Railway stationChassen Road is nearest. Flixton and Urmston are both about 1mile from ground.
Admission PricesAdult £9, Concessions £6, Under 16’s £2. Payment by cash or card
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsVia the pass gate next to the turnstiles.
Ramp access to the clubhouse and toilets
CarersFree
Food at groundTea Bar serving pies, burgers, hot dogs plus hot & cold drinks
Drinks at groundClubhouse serving draught beer, lager & cider plus bottled beers & cans plus a groundside can bar.
Are dogs allowedYes, on a lead
Local pubsChassen Rd: Bird I th’ hand is the nearest and now apparently has 2 real ales on tap. Flixton Cons Club (club of year 2018) M41 0TZ (would need to sign in), Brew Chimp M41 9FD, Roebuck (Holts) M41 6HD. Note that there is another Brew Chimp by Flixton Station M41 6QT!
Urmston: Barking Dog M41 9AB, Prairie Schooner Taphouse M41 5AW (looks interesting and recommended),, Lord Nelson (Holts) M41 9LG.
Local places of interestTrafford Centre M17 8AA Old Trafford - Manchester United FC M16 0RA Imperial War Museum M17 1TZ
AcknowledgementsGraham Foxall (Trafford FC);
We’re aiming for the BrewChimp in Flixton on Church Road👍🍺

We’re 11.32 train to Alty, Tavern on the Green ⚽🍻🥧 pre booked taxi to Trafford FC £6 return each !
COYG’s

Didn’t deserve to lose that today, was a draw all day long…gutted to lose it in the 7th minute of injury time when there was only 4 added on🤨

Big losses to the side with Matty Fenton and Fenton Green missing out due to illness.

On to Kidsgrove 💪

Yes very disappointing to lose, worth at least a draw, you would have thought they won the league, where did the ref get all that time from.
Really good 74 following as well, hopefully get a few down Tuesday and the 3 points.

Wasn't there today so can't comment on the game, its always disappointing to lose like that but at the end of the day you have to stay switched on until the final whistle regardless of when it comes, on to the next game though now and hopefully we can bounce back quickly from this as recent results before today have been a good step in the right direction

It’s always a big blow when you lose in injury time with the last kick of the match so naturally I was bitterly disappointed driving home.
The first half performance was for me largely lacklustre , far too slow going forward with too much passing at the back and we were lucky not to concede when Trafford hit the post and the rebound was hit straight at Tony.
However we stepped it up for most of the second half and with a bit more composure should have put away one of several chances.
We conceded too much possession in the dying minutes and paid the penalty with Traffords well taken goal. Should mention Tony’s brilliant save just before the goal - one to remember.
No idea where the ref found all those extra minutes at the end.
Oh and I still think we need another frontman
Ah well can’t win them all.

Agree with most of the above. We were well worth a point and it’s always cruel to lose last kick of the game. Trafford did celebrate like they won the league and not sure where the officials got all that added time.

Suppose that’s football though and hopefully we can bounce back on Tuesday. Can’t win them all!

Agree with most of the above. We were well worth a point and it’s always cruel to lose last kick of the game. Trafford did celebrate like they won the league and not sure where the officials got all that added time.

Suppose that’s football though and hopefully we can bounce back on Tuesday. Can’t win them all!
TBF to the ref, 4 minutes of added time were announced and then we had the two injuries and subs so I can understand where the additional time came from.

But our game management in this period was poor. We gave away a number of silly free kicks on our left side that we never really cleared / dealt with and paid the price. Overall too many players had off days and we never offered the attacking threat that we’ve had in the last few games, especially down the flanks where we missed the pace and directness of Harry on one flank Harry on the other.

Matt Fenton was also another big loss and it’s worth noting that the back four was much altered from last weeks side

I agree with Briswa and James (!?) but think Trafford deserved the points if only because they were prepared to try to put the ball in the net. Most of their chances were easily dealt with by Tony (and there was the excellent reflex save mentioned by Briswa) or were wildly wide but I don't remember us having many shots on target - one cross/shot from Callum from the left which the goalie parried and another from him which the goalkeeper took above his head but again did not catch cleanly. Let us hope this was just an off day as we need to be up for the next 2 Saturday games (and Tuesday for that matter).

I agree with Briswa and James (!?) but think Trafford deserved the points if only because they were prepared to try to put the ball in the net. Most of their chances were easily dealt with by Tony (and there was the excellent reflex save mentioned by Briswa) or were wildly wide but I don't remember us having many shots on target - one cross/shot from Callum from the left which the goalie parried and another from him which the goalkeeper took above his head but again did not catch cleanly. Let us hope this was just an off day as we need to be up for the next 2 Saturday games (and Tuesday for that matter).
There was the golden opportunity that Joe had. He just got under his header.😡😳

Back