• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Sam Stanley

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
Sad to have just heard that Sam Stanley has passed away today. While Sam was a staunch Wittoner I'm sure his passing crosses the divide between Witton, Vics and 1874. Sam was without doubt a true gentleman and will be sadly missed.

Condolences and best wishes to his family and friends at this time

Sad to have just heard that Sam Stanley has passed away today. While Sam was a staunch Wittoner I'm sure his passing crosses the divide between Witton, Vics and 1874. Sam was without doubt a true gentleman and will be sadly missed.

Condolences and best wishes to his family and friends at this time

I've known Sam since I was a young lad when I used to go to Davenham Cubs / Scouts.

Living in Leftwich, my family always had a good and close assocation with his family and they were a massively well respected family.

As Tez and others on the Witton forum have said, he was a fantastic fella and always had a smile on his face and never a bad word to say about anyone.

He played a massive part in his local community, not only through his involvement with the Scouts and Albion, but as a long serving postman, mainly in the Comberbach area.

God, he was as fit as a fiddle wand walked miles, even into his eighties.

Small in stature, but massive in personality, Sam will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him - myself included.

RIP Sam. Heaven has just got immeasureably better by your arrival.

Didn't know Sam as well as others but he was always there and was part of all our Saturdays, RIP Sam.

Reactions: Tez
Top bloke. He used to be the postman in Davenham a long time ago.

RIP

Reactions: Tez
Back