• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ryan Mitchell

Nice one and a great achievement, Consistent performer.

Dead right pdw. A proper stalwart that loves a tackle,good header and always a tasty bet to notch one at a dead ball situation.

A quick update on the top appearance feature: Ryan Mitchell is now joint top with Mike Brandon with 139 (as MVB added a sub appearance to his total earlier this season) Ryan will of course be out on his own after making his next appearance (information courtesy of Garry Clarke)

Brian,
Jack's post is a copy and paste off twitter where Club's account tweeted this stat. I know we've spoken about this one before and although it might seem like splitting hairs to most people - but the record should be that Ryan DID make his 140th appearance for 1874 on Tuesday.
By my reckoning, Garry's information appears to have overlooked the sub appearance by Ryan in a cup game against Hanley Town in our first season on 5th October. I've checked this with Toddy who hasn't got it in his records, and to be honest I'm doubting if anyone has!

But in my view just because something isn't written down, doesn't mean that it didn't happen! Mitch replaced Stu Wellstead in that game during extra-time as Stu was Old Trafford bound for the Grand Final kicking-off that evening. Maybe Mitch can recall?!

Unfortunately there is no team sheet on the website's match report or in the Guardian or record of this in the match-day programme centrefolds and it annoys me I didn't raise it at the end of that season as it might have been a bit more fresh in the memory!

Incorrect records don't sit right with me - but I am sure we all agree that Mitch has been a fantastic servant to our club!

Ash

Well Stu did indeed leave for the grand final -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And guess who has all the official documents.......

I'll have a look this weekend

Not had chance to check the record however I don't need to! Mitch said he read this thread and confirmed that he did play that day.

Well done kiddo!

Back