• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ryan Jackson

josh89

Too much time on my hands
Jul 27, 2013
Seen on twitter that he's played and scored for Nantwich Town today, does that mean he's left us?

Is that the young lad who played right wing last season? Signed on a contract? Good player if it's who I'm thinking.

Yep, that's the one. He has been training with them the last week or so. Gutted he's gone, but bear in mind the dual registration can come into effect as well.

That's a couple of steps up for Ryan and to a well run club, who have ambition to progress in the right way. Good luck to the lad. As already mentioned, maybe dual registration could come into play at some point in the season?

Probably not posted the link below correctly.

Post match interview with Nantwich manager Phil Parkinson.

He states that Jackson is on dual registration. He also thanked 1874 for not standing in the players way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cracking player and a decent move aswell wish him all the best at Nantwich used to terrorise everyone in high school aswell was always going to go far.

Who is still here from last season

So if I can remember who played today from last season

Greg in goal
Paul C
Mitch
DT
Louis
Matt W
Jack W
Chappie
Stu W
George
Robbie S
Kirky

sure I may have missed a couple, this wasn't the starting 11 just those that played throughout the 90 mins, Dilan and Craig weren't there, but believe still with us...

For me, Mark Jones and Scott M looked great signings, looking to be a positive season!! from the sidelines, it was a case of 'who's that?!' lol

I can confirm that we have come to an understanding with Nantwich and Ryan is on a dual registration.

A list of retained players will be communicated soon.

What a squad we have!

We can't stop players playing at a higher level, just have to wish them well.

Reactions: Tez
Good for both clubs.
Ryan will get to play at a higher level and gain valuable experience and we will still get opportunities for him to play for us. Win win!
And given the quality of the new signings we will be able to cope when he's not available.

I'm pleased Ryan has got this opportunity at Nantwich. He thoroughly deserves it after his superb performances for us last season. As others have said, we can't stand in the way of players wanting to play at a higher level and we are building a strong squad to cope with any losses.

Reactions: Tez
Not quite sure its a win win for both clubs (its win win for Nantwich), one thing that I don't really get is why he is on a duel registration because he obviously wants to play for them (understandably) so why hasn't he signed exclusively for them?, I think that we all know that he's going to be playing the majority of the season at Nantwich so why duel register with us?

Why not Josh is the real question?

I wish him all the best at Nantwich, was gutted when I heard but the lad definitely deserves his chance.

Why not Josh is the real question?

I wish him all the best at Nantwich, was gutted when I heard but the lad definitely deserves his chance.

He definitely deserves his chance and good luck to him, I'm just questioning the point in a duel registration when its fairly obvious that he's probably going to be playing for Nantwich for the majority of the season.

Yes he will be playing the majority of games with Nantwich, he is 'their' player now, but for we all know, there could be a scenario where if he has a rough patch or can't get games for them, for example, he still has the opportunity to get game time with us. While we're at it, if they end up going through a spell of games being called off and then we don't, he can still get game time with us.

While it's great for him to be given a chance to play at a higher level, it's great that he can still get a game or two for us. What would you rather, have Ryan for a few games, or not have him for a few games?

Back