• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Runcorn Town tonight

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
3 points!!!

Very solid at the back, special praise for Corey Mason & Razz in the full back roles.
McNichol & Woolley solid in the middle & dangerous up front

Don't know what all the panic has been about ;)

Thought it was definitely better tonight but I think that we panicked a bit after Runcorn scored (which they didn't deserve) which is worrying but its hopefully a step in the right direction and a confidence boost for the team.

Given that we had Stewart, along with Mason making his first league start(?) in defence, against a Runcorn side that were unbeaten in their last five games, we did pretty well. Looked threatening going forward and solid at the back.

We didn't allow them much time on the ball in the first half, keeping the game being played in their half, thanks to the work ethic from our players. They did get forward later on in the first half and had a couple of decent chances, most notably the curling effort that Conkie saved very well. Then became fairly even towards half time.

Started the second pretty well, good following up from Jackson after Beadle's shot was saved, who along with Mason, I thought were our best players. Jackson because he was working hard to get the ball back, put some good balls in from corners and managing to get through some tight situations with some good skill. Mason because he's hardly played for us, if at all due to injury and being kept out by Connor, yet he came in and did a very good job of what was asked of him. You could make arguements for other players being MOTM however, which sums up the game we had tonight.

Onwards to Saturday!

Didn't go tonight but I thought there were definite signs of improvement against Bootle on Saturday. Sounds like a better defensive display also tonight, and with players returning from injury, here's hoping this can be the win to really kick start our season :scarf:See you all Saturday for hopefully more of the same. P.S. A higher gate than Witton tonight by a clear 21 people.

Last edited:
good win tonight and thought we played ok, Crowds are a bit worrying as they must have had 25ish but we only just got over 200 of our own, Hopefully a win will bring a few back for saturday.

good win tonight and thought we played ok, Crowds are a bit worrying as they must have had 25ish but we only just got over 200 of our own, Hopefully a win will bring a few back for saturday.
Not as worrying as some of our higher ranked neighbours:angelic

The crowds were very good until we started to lose, once the wins start again, everything should be fine...people want to pay and watch a winning team! :scarf:

One of the benefits of owning your own club is that you have a vested interest and if that isn't an incentive to watch your team what is?

Ask Witton fans or JRFC apologists about their lack of influence or engagement.

Now, I may be off the mark here, but personally thought there was more than 241 there last night, but what Jack Owen said is more or less right. Still 21 more than our neighbors, can't be that bad? ;)

Now, I may be off the mark here, but personally thought there was more than 241 there last night, but what Jack Owen said is more or less right. Still 21 more than our neighbors, can't be that bad? ;)
I also thought we had more there last night, looked more than Saturday!

Not as worrying as some of our higher ranked neighbours:angelic

The crowds were very good until we started to lose, once the wins start again, everything should be fine...people want to pay and watch a winning team! :scarf:

...except Vics.

Don't forget Phil, that was our fourth home game on the bounce and with another to come on Saturday, I know it's only £6 but it does add up. Let's see how we're doing at Xmas before worrying too much now. Linnets had a few seasons of 200ish crowds when they were mid-table. It's all about prudence with the funds I suppose at the end of the day.

3 points!!!

Very solid at the back, special praise for Corey Mason & Razz in the full back roles.
McNichol & Woolley solid in the middle & dangerous up front

Don't know what all the panic has been about ;)

Thought Woollley had his best game in months last night, it's a massive improvement in the area of the park that's been most lacking recently.

and Season Ticket holders despite having paid their entrance fee are not included if they were not there.

So that's another two!

Not a bad gate at all for midweek, especially when Champions League games were on. Still a decent crowd at the level we're at and higher than Witton!

and Season Ticket holders despite having paid their entrance fee are not included if they were not there.

So that's another two!

A lot, lot more than 2 flashy. We've got over 100 season ticket holders and many of them only attend a handful of matches each season, mainly due to where they live.

I say well done to them in showing their support to the club even though they will never get anywhere near full value for the cost of their season ticket. Just underlines once again the fabulous commitment our fans and members have in our club.

they will never get anywhere near full value for the cost of their season ticket.

I think mine is worth every penny - and I'd rather watch 1874TV than the somewhat erroneously entitled Champions League, though I will confess that our esteemed and much appreciated new radio folk have a little way to go before reaching the heights of Alan Green & co.

Back