• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Rumours of Illegal player

JKennett636

Dec 6, 2013
League meeting minutes state Craig Farnworth played whilst banned in December. Could be looking at 3 point deduction idf true.

Genuinely hope not as looks to be a great end to the season and you are right on Formby's tail

I hope this isn't true, to get this far and be with a chance of promotion and then lose 3 points for that.

How long do they usually take to decide these things?

Ok, don't suppose you have any idea as to which game they were saying?

If we get a 3 points deduction, it couldn't have come at a worse time, mainly because what I've said in my previous post, but also the controversy with Sunderland playing someone for 5 games and not losing any points.

Surely this is a joke!!
After all the administration problems we had at Vics.
I thought we'd left all that behind!!

I've not seen them but they are the league meeting minutes from March and it was Cheshire FA who charged the club with playing a suspended player against Nelson in December

He served this suspension the other week, he missed two games.

Not sure if we will get the points deducted but he told me it was the league who missed the number of yellows he had picked up and therefore banned him for two games.

Rightfully so Alan, but I certainly wasn't spreading rumour, just repeating what it says in the meeting minutes. I'm delighted it doesn't impact the league and it shouldn't, football should be settled on the pitch not off it

Not getting at you - I am sure we all appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that it could be dealt with promptly and cleared up - but we have an unfortunate past history in a previous guise of people spreading all sorts of rumours with absolutely no known basis in fact and we are therefore a tad paranoid! ;)

On the Sunderland issue, incidentally, I expect that one will be buried peacefully as Sunderland slip quietly into relegation. But I bet it would have reared up if they had somehow just escaped (note from my tenses that I do not expect they will!). Some of us remember the crazy number of points deducted from Alty years ago for inadvertently fielding a player without international clearance.

We have an official club response. No alarm bells, no panic. Nothing more to discuss. Echo TimBen's comment, in Vicki we trust, end of ;):scarf:

Back