• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Rochdale FA Vase 1st Round

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Good solid win, no complaints here!

£900 prize money in the bank, too!

Whens the draw for the next round? Home draw would be nice.

Decent performance from 1874 and some well taken goals.

Sloppy over the pitch at times probably due to the surface at Rochdale and a few mistakes in the defence. Mitch was superb, great to see him back!

Nice to get Hereford Home/Away next round, Beadle vs his Dad!

Good win today, didn't play that well but more than did enough, A good 125 greens travelled so happy days.
See you all tuesday.

What a great little non-league ground Rochdale was. Sloping pitch, rickety stand, dangerous terracing, head sticking out of the 'toilet' as you wee, balls flying out the ground every 2 minutes and being constantly nibbled on by millions of midges. Loved it!

regional is an interesting concept. NMV had Whitley Bay yesterday, so we could get them in the next round. Long way to Northumberland! A game I would welcome as the Bay were my team as a child.

http://facupgroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Nice erudite article Paul, though the score was actually only 1-0 at HT and I think a few of our fans maybe a little irked by calling V**s our "parent club" with the implications that it brings!
As a certain poster on here keeps telling us "we have nothing to do with V**s", but we couldn't have existed without them and their calamities, so I suppose the analogy is a fair one.
Thanks also for the link to the highlights.;)

Last edited:
From the "parent" point of view we are definitely the unwanted offspring abandoned at birth (if the parent could afford the Moses basket they could have parked it in the reeds on the canal), but at least we have found a good foster home and are well on the way to being adopted by the local football family.

For some pics from the match Google 'up for the cup' which will take you to my blog post about it. Love the family, community feel of your club and the atmosphere you bring to matches. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Paul.

Thanks Paul. I thought your description of the ground was brilliant and totally accurate. Come back soon

Back