• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Relegation Run In

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Looking at the table and taking into account that both our 3rd and 4th bottom teams will go into the play offs we need to keep clear of those positions. The present situation is (excl Rammy who are already down):
13 Hanley 43 pts -7 GD Witton H Cables A
14 Bootle 43 pts -11 GD Skem A Cables H
15 1874 42 pts -6 GD W'ton H Widnes A
16 N/c Town 42 pts -27 GD Traff H Rammy A
17 Widnes 40pts -27GD Kids A 74 H
18 Colne 37 pts -14GD Leek H W'ton A
19 Glossop 36 pts -15 GD Clith H Bootle A

We could easily be dragged down into 17th position, - I think it will be between us Widnes and either Hanley or Newcastle. We really need to beat Workington if we don't want a "squeaky bum" game against Widnes! Interesting couple of weeks for all of us!

Can't see us getting anything against Workington, so its a MUST WIN v Widnes
A play off against a confident, in form team in a play off position, will be very difficult
We really need to get a win at Widnes

Reactions: Ben
One minor correction to Richard's posting, above - I believe Bootle's final match is away to Glossop, rather than Cables.

Theoretically a draw against Widnes would be enough even if we lost against Workington and they were defeated at Kidsgrove.

We could potentially lose both and hope Newcastle are defeated twice, although they play Rammy last game and of course Colne could win their last two. And in fact with our vastly superior goal difference over Widnes we could lose to them if we drew with Workington and they lost to Kidsgrove. All kinds of scenarios but just a point could keep us up I’m thinking!

It’s just about in our hands though so hoping for the best.

Last edited:
A point against Workington( the defence has been solid enough even if goals are hard to come by) coupled with defeat for Widnes and Newcastle, would I believe see us safe courtesy of our goal difference? Obviously we can’t just play for a draw but if it happened, in these circumstances, it might be sufficient.

Looking at the table and taking into account that both our 3rd and 4th bottom teams will go into the play offs we need to keep clear of those positions. The present situation is (excl Rammy who are already down):
13 Hanley 43 pts -7 GD Witton H Cables A
14 Bootle 43 pts -11 GD Skem A Cables H
15 1874 42 pts -6 GD W'ton H Widnes A
16 N/c Town 42 pts -27 GD Traff H Rammy A
17 Widnes 40pts -27GD Kids A 74 H
18 Colne 37 pts -14GD Leek H W'ton A
19 Glossop 36 pts -15 GD Clith H Bootle A

We could easily be dragged down into 17th position, - I think it will be between us Widnes and either Hanley or Newcastle. We really need to beat Workington if we don't want a "squeaky bum" game against Widnes! Interesting couple of weeks for all of us!
After the last two games in which we deserved at least 2 points if not 4, surely our luck is due to turn against Workington?

Unfortunately football, like life, ain’t like this….😳

We would never have been thinking about relegation If we had a recognised Number 9 as a striker since Christmas. Having said that, I am confident that we will get a result against Workington on Saturday on the basis of recent performances . We just need a bit of luck to go our way.

Agree Gary just hope we get a little bit of luck and a decent crowd turns out to help us over the line.
See you all tomorrow.

I'm just hoping Workington might play a few fringe players, to rest the key lads for the play off
Fingers crossed we can get a result
They are still looking to finish runners up. They aren’t quite there yet, so I think they’ll resist resting anyone just yet as they search for an important away win. The positive spin to put on this of course is that they will likely be positive in their tactics; maybe we can capitalise on the counter? We only need to do that once while staying solid and focused at the back 👌
🤞🤞🤞💚🖤

Back