• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Raheem Sterling

I do Frank. I love watching both my teams and, as I said, the experiences are very different. Why would anyone think that one level of football is more or less enjoyable than another? It's like saying you can't like ballet if you like opera.
In the premiership you are watching world class footballers in great stadia with the atmosphere of big crowds. No way can I say that the atmosphere at Winsford compares with the electrifying experience of Goodison Park as you hear 'Z-Cars' play when the team's run out for the Merseyside derby. No way can I say that I can feel as close to the heart of EFC as I do at 1874. They are just different. Both are great experiences.
Watching both I often feel (not you Frank) that criticism of the top level has its roots in jealousy and on the other side that there is an arrogance with many PL fans that fails to understand the wonders of football at lower levels.
It's not that long ago that we, as Vics fans, used to decry the mid-Cheshire Senior Cup as being fit only for Sunday league teams or, as others would describe them, grass roots teams. Remember witton last season?
People need to embrace football at all levels.

I do Frank. I love watching both my teams and, as I said, the experiences are very different. Why would anyone think that one level of football is more or less enjoyable than another? It's like saying you can't like ballet if you like opera.
In the premiership you are watching world class footballers in great stadia with the atmosphere of big crowds. No way can I say that the atmosphere at Winsford compares with the electrifying experience of Goodison Park as you hear 'Z-Cars' play when the team's run out for the Merseyside derby. No way can I say that I can feel as close to the heart of EFC as I do at 1874. They are just different. Both are great experiences.
Watching both I often feel (not you Frank) that criticism of the top level has its roots in jealousy and on the other side that there is an arrogance with many PL fans that fails to understand the wonders of football at lower levels.
It's not that long ago that we, as Vics fans, used to decry the mid-Cheshire Senior Cup as being fit only for Sunday league teams or, as others would describe them, grass roots teams. Remember witton last season?
People need to embrace football at all levels.

Wise words Pete.

Really really good post Pete. I can understand your sentiments entirely and if I could tear my mind away from the unbelievable crassness of the money men at the top I would probably enjoy it more, but I can't. Football IS for all but for me the top is too far, too rich and too uncaring.

Back